characters you changed your mind about

Twist

Which characters did you love/like/hate/dislike in the beginning, but by the end of reading the series so far do you feel completely the opposite about?

For me I thought Jon snow was boring and didn't like sansa in the beginning, but now I love Jon snow and like sansa because she seems to have grown so much. On the other hand I loved tyrion in the beginning, but now don't really like him.

I hated Jaime at the beginning, but since ASoS, he is one of my favorite characters...

I would say for vice versa, that Tyrion and Dany are totally disappointing. I mean, they were so interesting at the beginning, but at the end, I couldn't wait the nightmare of boredom of their chapters to go away...

Somehow Arya and Sansa grows more and more to my heart with every reread...

Davos was so one-dimensional character in ACoK, but in ADwD, he is the best part.

Talal, 30-22

I too found Sansa annoying in the beginning but I like her now and I want to see what kind of person/player she will evolve to.

Daenerys was one of my favorites at first but in ADWD I found her a bit boring, hopefully that will change in the next books.

Also I did not like Jaime but after his POV's I saw him in a different light.

Sansa irritated the hell out of me in the first book, but she's really grown on me since then.

Jaime was among my least favorites for two books. He has become one of my favorite characters since then.

On the flip side, I really like Robert in book one, but we learned some things after his death. I really can't like him anymore.

I'll admit I was under the allure of Varys until the end of Dance. That's when I realized he's full of shit. I like him as a character; he'll always be interesting to read. But when you get down to it, he's a manipulative bastard. I went from seeing him as a light shade of grey to a much darker shade..

Which characters did you love/like/hate/dislike in the beginning, but by the end of reading the series so far do you feel completely the opposite about?

For me I thought Jon snow was boring and didn't like sansa in the beginning, but now I love Jon snow and like sansa because she seems to have grown so much. On the other hand I loved tyrion in the beginning, but now don't really like him.

I agree with you on this

I didnt like Cersei and Jaime much during my first read, even after their POVs were introduced.

Now they are some of my favorite characters.

Jaime definitely, Cersei I don't like as a person, but I love her PoVs and the entertainment that comes with it.

I also started thinking Stannis was a bit of an ass at the start of ACOK. Oh how that has changed :bowdown:

I also thought Dany was cool at first, but from ASOS onwards I've disliked her immensely, same with Robert and Catelyn.

Asha I hated at first, now I quite like her

Just thought of another. Theon. In GoT I had nothing but indifference for him, both as a character and as a person. Starting in Clash, he became a much more dynamic and interesting character, in no small part due to his POV chapters. I went from indifference to loving him as a character and disliking him as a person. The love for this character became more apparent in his brilliantly written Dance chapters. Never before have I felt so bad for someone I don't particularly like.

Stannis was meh then a re-read made me love the 1 true king.

Tyrion was a favourite due to wit then a re-read helped recognise his many flaws.

Theon in GOT not a big fan but his POV made me like him a bit then his ADWD chapters were possibly the best written so far

Wow, a lot for sansa. She does go from being childishly besotted with Joffrey and naive to the point of letting cersei know her father's plans to having her eyes opened wide to the realities of life and the different natures of people. That beautiful people aren't always good and that scary looking people can do good deeds. It's a brilliant transformation.

I also loved cersei's povs, brilliant insight into her paranoia and scheming.

I didn't like Sansa at first because I saw her as the shallow, bratty, pretty girl who picked on my favorite tomboy Arya. Then, I saw her as a sympathetic, helpless, and naive princess stuck in the tower type. However, as the series progresses her quiet strength, resilience, and intelligence are more and more apparent. Although she is the damsel in distress, I'm pretty sure she's headed toward not only helping herself (which she has started to do), but towards actually taking charge of her own life. I can't wait to see what happens next in her story.

Like many people, I used to hate Jaime for throwing Bran from the window, killing Ned's men, endangering his kids with his continued affair with Cersei, I'm sure I've missed something...

As his story progresses, I can't help but love the guy. He's so funny, and I do believe that he's becoming a better person even though he still has miles to go. He's improved as a person; he's no longer ruled by Cersei, he's less rash, more thoughtful, and more introspective. However, I still don't think he's a "good guy." He doesn't seem to regret many of his immoral acts, and even if he did they're unjustifiable. So, even though I think he's still pretty villainous in many ways, he's become one of my favorite characters.

Archived