characters you changed your mind about

Twist

I also started thinking Stannis was a bit of an ass at the start of ACOK. Oh how that has changed :bowdown:

Asha I hated at first, now I quite like her

:cheers: Same here with bot of them. A combination of a character development + rereads.

Opposite to Varys: I kind of liked him in the beginning, though could not understand where to put his loyalties. But to the end of DoD I almost hate him.

I never liked any of the Lannisters. I still don't. I like book Tyrion more than show Tyrion though. The Lannisters are good comedic reads but I still want every one of them to die painfully.

I liked Theon a lot more in COK than I did in ADWD. Broken Theon makes me sad.

I thought Victarian was boring at first. His chapter in ADWD put him in the top 5.

I went from liking Arya to loving her.

I didn't like Stannis until ADWD.

Stannis is the main one for me. I was pretty indifferent to start off with, but then he went to The Wall. I was so impressed by him, and instantly loved him from there on in. He cared when no-one else did. That makes him a great man and a great king.

Also, Sansa has developed so well, from mildly annoying girl to a beautiful and charming young woman.

There are quite a few characters who I've changed my mind on but I've had the biggest roller coaster ride with Dany.

First I liked her, then I audibly groaned every time there was a Dany chapter in aDwD. After finishing I and coming to the forum I find myself actively defending her because there is quite a bit of Dany hate going on in this forum that I think is over the top and unsound.

I hated Jaime in AGOT and ACOK, then he became my 4th favourite character in ASOS.

I didn't like Theon at the start but then I really felt pity for him in ADWD. No one deserves to be tortured at the hands of Ramsay.

Dany got boring in ACOK, then interesting again in ASOS, then boring again in ADWD.

There are quite a few characters who I've changed my mind on but I've had the biggest roller coaster ride with Dany.

First I liked her, then I audibly groaned every time there was a Dany chapter in aDwD. After finishing I and coming to the forum I find myself actively defending her because there is quite a bit of Dany hate going on in this forum that I think is over the top and unsound.

I've never been her biggest fan, but she became especially unpalatable to me in ADwD. However, the last chapter, when she's stranded in the desert with Drogon, looks very promising. Like her or not, I think that her arc will pick up a lot in the next two books, and she'll become much more entertaining.

Like I said, I don't like Dany that much, but I agree with you that she seems to get an unfair amount of hatred. I find myself defending her at times because some of the criticisms levelled at her are ludicrous.

I've never been her biggest fan, but she became especially unpalatable to me in ADwD. However, the last chapter, when she's stranded in the desert with Drogon, looks very promising. Like her or not, I think that her arc will pick up a lot in the next two books, and she'll become much more entertaining.

Like I said, I don't like Dany that much, but I agree with you that she seems to get an unfair amount of hatred. I find myself defending her at times because some of the criticisms levelled at her are ludicrous.

Yeah like the ridiculous "why is she calling them children/ she is arrogant thread" that is going on now or the whole "she raped Irri" thing. Dany has done enough stuff she actually deserves criticism for. There is no need to take it that far and be so petty. It's like some people hate her so much they are actively looking for more reasons to hate her and it's really pissing me off. Those people are what we would call "ant-fuckers" in Dutch.

Hmmm...

I ignored Tyrion in the beginning , he was funny and witty but I wasn't crazy about him...By ACOK he was pure awesome to me but after that when he became "darker" it made me feel weird but I still like him though.Before I was like "OMG he is the BEST BOOK CHARACTER EVER" but now I am more critical about him.

As for Daenerys, she was a hero to me and I never questioned her actions but the shine wore off and now I she's no longer my favourite.At the first read it is always normal to be enthusiastic and crazy about characters but in further reads , the more you learn the more you analyze things and you can judge better.

About Davos, at first I was bored.But now he is one of my favourites.

Finally ,Jaime.What can I say? I hated him until early ASOS but after I saw him unraveling the way he did and progressing as a character.I loved him instantly.The cherry on the cake was especially when he ignored Cersei's plea for help letter.I felt victorious.I was happy that he finally started to let himself be freed from her.

Ive replied to a ton of threads like this in the past, but recently I've definitely taken more of a liking to Victarion Greyjoy. I'm still not a fan of the Ironborn in general, or am necessarily rooting for him, but hes entertainingly stupid and physically badass, which I didn't appreciate so much when I was upset about the sudden disappearance of half the characters I cared about in AFFC, but in retrospect I've grown to enjoy a lot more.

I also used to be a very big fan of Jon Snow, and I still like him, but the Kit Harington TV show fangirls who only like him for his looks have made me a bit more reluctant to express my fanship if nothing else.

Archived