A Sane Theory for the End Game of ASOIAF

CB328

This is my logical, sane and human theory for how the series will end (as opposed to my crazy, glorious theory that I will post later).

What I believe will happen is that there will be a huge war in Westeros in the Winds of Winter and all the major leaders/Head of Houses will die. Doran Martell will kill himself when he receives his son's bones, Cersei will die, Mace Tyrell, and leaders of the other 7 kingdoms as well. After that the secondary characters that take over will all come to the realization that the 7 kingdoms will never have peace and prosperity unless they give up their dreams of ruling westeros, break up into their respective kingdoms, and start trade instead of war. This will be a new spring for Westeros (hence the title of the last book).

Dany will finally get to King's landing, walk into the throne room, and the Iron throne will be a pile of melted steel.

Looking forward to your crazy theory.

I personally think we will end up with three kingdoms the north, middle and south. Jon snow in the north dany in the middle and Aegon ruling the south. The three heads of the dragon. Oh and stannis ruling the seas as all iron born will die.(and the freys and most lannisters hopefully)

I agree the books will have a very bittersweet ending though.

and the others kill everyone the end.

I don't know about your theory, I think there is a possibility the Seven Kingdoms will be split up but everyone dying? I'm not so sure... What about the Others and the Wall?

Well, the older generation is falling: Ned and Cat are death. Hoster Tully and Jon Arryn are dead. Lysa is dead as well. Edmure isn't (yet) but I'm not sure to which generation he belongs, as the younger son of Hoster Tully and becoming a Lord during the war.

Tywin is death. Of his sons, only Tyrion has a fair chance to survive the series.

Of the Baratheons, only Stannis yet lives, and he might not survive the series either.

Mace Tyrell is in good health, but that can change, though.

Of the Greyjoys, I don't see neither Victarion or Euron ruling the Iron Islands by the end.

Oberyn Martell is dead. And while Doran might not commit suicide, he might die to his gout, or something else. It has to happen, if Arianne is to rule Dorne at some point (which might not happen).

So it does look like the aftermath will be decided among the surviving Stark children, maybe Aegon or Danny, Tyrion and just maybe someone else.

I personally think we will end up with three kingdoms the north, middle and south. Jon snow in the north dany in the middle and Aegon ruling the south. The three heads of the dragon. Oh and stannis ruling the seas as all iron born will die.(and the freys and most lannisters hopefully)

That would be cool but I don't see it happening.. Honestly if one of the main characters survive by the end I'll consider it a success.. :P

yes to the secondary characters taking over the 7k and yes to the creation of smaller kindoms. No to Doran Martell killing himself, its too anticlimatic! :wacko:

Daenerys has dragons, there's no way it could end up in a stalemate where she needed to accept two other kingdoms.

But I think you got the three heads right. Even if Aegon is a Blackfyre, black or red, a dragon is still a dragon. Unless fAegon is a commoner.

I don't think there will be a Battle Royale at the end involving all the kingdoms and factions. I think some players will lose or surrender or retreat in the WoW. I think the Tyrells will be the first big faction to be out of the game, followed by Stannis and the Boltons, and maybe the Freys. Then I think the Lannisters will be over for good, but that may be at the beginning of aDoS.

I don't think all Houses/factions/kings/queens will make it to the final showdown (if there's one)

Doran wouldn't commit suicide for his son

He's not just his son- he's the entire basis for his hopes, plans and dreams for his kingdom and his life.

Not to mention that everyone in his kingdom thinks he's a total loser, this plan was his only chance to gain face with his people and his family (his daughter and the Sand Snakes can't stand him).

Archived