Daenerys - red herring?

Katerine459

For a long time I thought that Dany was a Red Herring, but I don't think that is quite right, any longer.

I think Dany going to Westeros, is a Red Herring. She is not (as of yet) headed there. In fact, last we saw she was headed further away. IF, and that's a biggie IF, its a short trip, it is unlikely that she would get back to her army(which is in the middle of a battle), plan(with those still w/ her), and leave for Westeros (even w/ the Iron fleet). It would have to be the final book before she and her followers would even make it. I guess she just walk right in, after everyone is dead.

With one city destroyed after she left, and another calling her for help in freeing them from slavery, and a third on the verge of collapse by her being missing, I think she will stay in Essos, and form her own kingdom, instead of chasing after her fathers.

ETA: With great power, comes great responsibly.

As I said, letting Dany become a villain would be a tragedy. That's what a tragedy is - when a good character goes bad, due to some character flaw. Not something I'm hoping for, at all, but not something I'd claim as "bad writing," either. I just wouldn't like it, because I'm full-up on tragedy in ASOIAF.

Hmm... GRRM did say he wanted some sort of Walter White in his books. What if he literally meant that someone is breaking bad?

Archived