The Battle of King's Landing

Dead Wolf

We know that Varys has been hiding out in the tunnels of the Red Keep since Tywin's death. So far, though, the only thing we know he's done is kill Kevan. What's he been up to? If I had to guess, I would say he's preparing for the day Cersei loses her shit and KL erupts in fire and blood. I'm guessing that he's been planting spies on Cersei's council and buying gold cloaks and sellswords. Aurane Waters, who appeared out nowhere disappeared with the warships Cersei had him build, seems like a perfect candidate for Varys' spy on the council. Currently, there are two armies outside the city, Tarly's and Tyrell's. Cersei's trial will begin splendidly, her silent giant will destroy the Faith's champion, but have his helm knocked off in the fight, the High Septon will shriek "abomination" and Cersei will have him chased from the Red Keep. She will then order all the Lannister men to hunt down the Swords and Stars in the city. Varys, meanwhile, will have his gold cloaks close the city gates to prevent the Tyrell armies from intervening. Once the men in the camps get wind of what's happening inside the city, they'll turn the situation into a siege. The High Septon will send his men against any Lannister and Tyrell men in the city. This will not sit well with the smallfolk, who love the Tyrells. The two orders will have to cut their way through the mob to battle the soldiers. While this chaos is raging, Aurane Waters will return to KL with his warships. The Tyrell and Tarly men will think that they have just recieved reinforcements and now have the ability to cut off the city by sea. Waters will then fling stones and pitch down on the Tyrell camps, causing chaos to insue outside the city as well. Inside, meanwhile, Varys will offer the High Septon a means of escaping the city (Waters and his warships) in exchange for his support of Aegon. Varys and his men will sieze the port and Waters will load the Swords, Stars, and Varys' men aboard his ships and sail for Storm's End.

Thoughts?

I agree that Varys is prepping for Aegon's arrival and I agree that Waters is Aegon's man. In my interpretation though I think Waters will arrive, the Faith will declare for Aegon, and Tarly will claim the city in Aegon's name. It's not a popular opinion but I think Targaryen banners will be flying above King's Landing before the end of WoW.

Archived