MLB 13 V- Playoffs arrrrrrrr here

Kat

Stop making errors! Ugh. Braves in the playoffs always seem like a whole field full of Brooks Conrads with a heaping portion of Evan Gattis. Only this time I am rooting for them, because I don't think there's any way the Pirates can stop the Dodgers.

Uribe hitting home runs was more fun when he wasn't wearing blue. :stillsick:

ETA: There's a "fun, relevant Uribe stat" I want to mention here but shan't because of jinxing. Go figure it out for yourself.

Uribe hitting home runs was more fun when he wasn't wearing blue. :stillsick:

ETA: There's a "fun, relevant Uribe stat" I want to mention here but shan't because of jinxing. Go figure it out for yourself.

That according to ESPN he is up to 235 pounds and it sure ain't all muscle?

No, it's related to his last homer. Sadly it's not "fun" enough for Gameday Scout to mention. No idea about the announcers. I'm not listening/watching.

Our fate now hangs in the balance of Freddy Garcia.

This sentence makes me physically ill.

As a BARVES fan I guess I should expect nothing different come October. Hell, even when we had rotations stacked with Hall of Famers we could only manage one world series win. :frown5:

You never know. Last year the Giants' fate hung in the balance of Barry Zito, who proceeded to throw a bunch of shutout innings against the Cardinals, and then did it again while facing Verlander.

Freddy Garcia: He could be your Zito.

Wait, that's a terrible rally cry.

All I can say is Let's Go Buccos!

It feels good to say that after 21 years. :cheers: Although putting Morton on the mound is a little nerve-wracking.

I was at the last playoff game at Three Rivers in 1992 and the memory of Sid Bream in Game 7 still hurts.

You never know. Last year the Giants' fate hung in the balance of Barry Zito, who proceeded to throw a bunch of shutout innings against the Cardinals, and then did it again while facing Verlander.

Freddy Garcia: He could be your Zito.

Wait, that's a terrible rally cry.

Very true. Of course, Kershaw is waiting in the wings if Garcia gets the job done tonight. Still, anything can happen.

Archived