MLB 13 V- Playoffs arrrrrrrr here

Kat

I know this is nothing new, but ESPN is terrible. Their front page right now is a giant picture of Puig, with the caption "Other Dodgers (see: Hyun-jin Ryu) had a bigger impact on their Game 3 win. But, like it or not, it was impossible to ignore Yasiel Puig." I am a big supporter of Ryu, of course, and that colors my opinion...but ffs. Their own caption demonstrates that they don't care about sports, they care about headlines. A rookie pitcher that got rocked in his first post-season start comes back to dominate in his second and bring the series close again...and no, no, don't put his photo up.

Why is the story always about the person wanting to be the story? Why can't it be about the actual sports? MLB and Fox Sports managed to restrain themselves from fellating Man-Bear, why is ESPN so lacking?

I should know better. :(

Why is the story always about the person wanting to be the story?

What makes you so sure that Puig wants to be the story? I agree that that the media should be talking about Ryu instead of Puig today, but that's not Puig's fault.

Anyway, today is the 25th anniversary of Gibby's HR. I've got my Gibby jersey on, and that's bad news for those silly red birds.

Your Gibby jersey is no doubt quite powerful.

However, i have re-performed the ritual of the three bobblehead dolls from earlier in the year...and this time they were Orel bobbleheads...

I almost always wear one of my Red Sox shirts when they play. On Saturday I didn't wear a Sox shirt and they lost and on Sunday I wore a Sox shirt and they won. Wearing my Papi shirt now!!! Rites man rites!

Your Gibby jersey is no doubt quite powerful.

However, i have re-performed the ritual of the three bobblehead dolls from earlier in the year...and this time they were Orel bobbleheads...

Your ritual will not work, for I too have Orel bobbleheads (only 2, but He likes me more than He likes you), and I once met Orel in person, and it was great.

I will go with my orel jersey tonight, myshkin.

The power of 1988 be with us!

Our combined power will be.... powerful!

Archived