MLB 13 V- Playoffs arrrrrrrr here

Kat

Maddon should have to wear the motley for letting his man actually pitch to Pedroia in that situation. With Ortiz out of the game in the spot behind him that scenario screamed intentional walk to set up a game ending double play.

If the Rays lose this it will be well deserved for that tactical error.

EDIT: of course if you can just lead off the next inning with a walk off homer...

Maddon should have to wear the motley for letting his man actually pitch to Pedroia in that situation. With Ortiz out of the game in the spot behind him that scenario screamed intentional walk to set up a game ending double play.

If the Rays lose this it will be well deserved for that tactical error.

I guess we'll never know.

I'm in St. Louis tonight and I briefly toyed with the idea of staying here two extra nights to catch Game 5. But the tickets, parking, plus extra hotel nights would cost upwards of $400*. I'm not ready spend that much just to check a stadium off a list. Of a team I have no loyalty to, even.

*Surprisingly, you can get Game 5 tickets for as low as $75 on StubHub right now. $55 for standing room only.

Don't mind me, I'll just be holding my breath for the next 3 innings.

Obviously owe an apology to Freddy Garcia. All things considered that was a spectacular clutch performance.

Much this is the time of year where utility infielders become .500 hitters and RBI men, this is also the time of year when soft-tossing lefties with their best days well behind them suddenly turn into Sandy Koufax.

Baseball: predictably unpredictable.

edit: Garcia is left handed isn't he? I honestly don't remember. Well, the basic point stands, I guess.

I think you're being serious, but a part of me hopes that this is just a joke about the availability of tickets in Tampa.

Little bit from column A, little bit from column B. I can't imagine I'd have any trouble getting a ticket, though I might not just be able to waltz up and buy one from the stadium box office as is the regular season norm.

Much this is the time of year where utility infielders become .500 hitters and RBI men, this is also the time of year when soft-tossing lefties with their best days well behind them suddenly turn into Sandy Koufax.

Baseball: predictably unpredictable.

edit: Garcia is left handed isn't he? I honestly don't remember. Well, the basic point stands, I guess.

Soft tossing righty, but yeah, pretty much that.

Dodgers win!

Me and MC have been saying it all year; Juan Uribe is a great ball player, and doesn't deserve all the crap he's been taking these last few years. Some people were even calling him a "sack of shit", which is both extremely rude and, as has now been proven, completely false.

Archived