New trilogy featuring Fitz and the Fool by Robin Hobb

pat5150

That she was working on something was confirmed last year, yes.

But that there is a manuscript which appears to be on its way to completion and it's going to be another trilogy was never mentioned before today. Nor did we know about any working title.

Patrick

Having finished the Tawny Man trilogy three months ago, I can't help but feel that it ended perfectly. So I'm meeting this announcement with trepidation, sadly.

Yeah. I fucking loved the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies, and the ending was amazing. On the one hand, more of something I loved sounds great. On the other, I'm worried about disappointment.

Yeah. I fucking loved the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies, and the ending was amazing. On the one hand, more of something I loved sounds great. On the other, I'm worried about disappointment.

It just feels to me that Fitz has suffered enough :P The only way another trilogy can take place is if something happens to someone he cares about, or there is the threat to someone he cares about. I'd rather it was left as it was. Sure, I'd quite like to see more in the same world, but not from Fitz's POV.

Ah well, I guess I could just not read it and that way it'll have ended how I like it... but there's a slim chance I'll take that option. :P

Also, it seems to me that by returning to Fitz, it can only end with him dying. And I don't like that...

This is so awesome. I had heard that she was writing a Fitz and Fool story but a trilogy is even so much better.

I also think that their story was not properly ended in the last trilogy, I mean they did not even say good bye to each other. I was so disappointed about the ending and am so happy that they now can meet again. If some other characters have to die now, the sooner the better.

I don't know how i feel about this...

Loved the Farseer and Liveship trilogies, but was lukewarm to the Tawny Man trilogy. I thought Fitz's story ended on a perfect note in Assassin's Apprentice and that the Tawny Man was unnecessary. I can't imagine that I'll feel any differently about this third Fitz trilogy.

But I'll follow Robin Hobb anywhere, so I will most likely read it. After a Farseer/Tawny Man reread, that is.

And what will a trilogy be like with no Nighteyes? :( I was devastated by his death. If Fitz bonds to another animal and it dies, I will not happy.

Well lets see. Should be good loved the others and currently waiting for The last of the dragon books from the library. I found The Six Duchies and Liveships much more compelling I'll be honest.

But I did think Fitz was fairly well wrapped up...

She's doing a signing at a Waterstones in town, so I'll definitely go and try and see if she has anything to say.

And what will a trilogy be like with no Nighteyes? :( I was devastated by his death. If Fitz bonds to another animal and it dies, I will not happy.

I absolutely do not want him bonding again.

I agree with those who think the ending of Tawny Man was fucking perfect. I hadn't heard about this and am quite cross. I may still read it, but it depends on what the word of mouth and reviews are like.

That said, the ending of Farseer was also fucking perfect so she may be able to add to it and not ruin it, so I'm not writing it off either.

http://webnews.sff.net/read?cmd=read&group=sff.people.robin-hobb&artnum=64216

I'm going to avoid, as much as I can, answering any questions about the books. I will say that, yes, it's a trilogy and I am determined it will not grow to be bigger than a trilogy. And I'm already deep into book two. I don't know if I can make this the 'book a year' pace I was keeping up, but I'm going to try.

The reason I don't want to talk about content is that there is a certain energy to writing something. There are scenes in the third book that I'm really looking forward to writing, already. But if I talk about them, even a little bit, the energy goes out of it. It's one reason I've never been very good at detailed outlines. By the time I've sent in the detailed outline and it comes back okayed, I feel like I've already written 'that' book. So when I'm writing I want to take side trips and change things and freshen up what the story is. So my books have very seldom matched the outlines for them.

I certainly don't want to sound like a prima donna about any of this. It's just the best way for me to work. And also, there is the issue of time on the keyboard. I'd rather spend my fingers on the keys hours pushing the actual book forward than talking about it.

So, while I'm very grateful for the interest, I'm going to duck all questions as much as I can, and just keep writing. I'm sure that will be a lot harder to do when I'm on the UK booktour, but I'd prefer to continue to keep the story line and details under wraps as much as I can.

I love the farseer and live ship trilogies. The Tawny man I really liked. I didn't love the ending.

So I'm feeling odd about this news.

This made me feel a bit better though. Link

Clearly, for some time, my publishers have wanted me to write a continuation
of the Fitz and Fool story . It was my hope to work on such a story slowly,
carefully and very privately. For years. Because if I do it badly or hastily,
I will have ended my career.

Archived