Zero to Hero

Drexyon7

I was thinking that if we had a novel on RR, Jaime would've been a pretty minor character up into maybe the end. It got me wondering who's it going to be this time? Who are the "out of left field" characters who haven't gotten much attention yet but will do great/terrible/famous things?

My votes go for:

Tyene - IMO the deadliest Sand Snake and my personal frontrunner for Tommen's demise.

Leyton Hightower - He is too powerful to sit in his tower forever. I think once they start to move they very well could change everything. Also I find it extremely foreboding that his daughter is named the Mad Maid.

Ned Dayne - Lesser impact then the first two but if he holds a grudge against Lady Stoneheart things could get interesting quickly.

Peck - He's got some skills and if he keeps fighting I wouldn't be terribly shocked if he drops someone fairly well known.

Loras - was already famous but I'm pretty sure the singers are working on a song already...it's heavy metal and it's called "Slaughterstone" named after what he turned Dragonstone into.

I was thinking that if we had a novel on RR, Jaime would've been a pretty minor character up into maybe the end.

I disagree on that one, Jaime is the reason why Tywin leaves the service of the Targaryens, which is a pretty huge element in the downfall of the Targ dynasty.

Poddric Payne is dead. Hanged by Lady Stone heart.

I was under the impression that he was *about* to be hung.... er hanged.... strung up... and that at the start of TWoW he would be precariously alive.

But my "Zero to Hero" pick is Sam.... He has already shown a sizeable sack... but I think that in the end, he'll save the day... and be Grand Measter on the small council.

I disagree on that one, Jaime is the reason why Tywin leaves the service of the Targaryens, which is a pretty huge element in the downfall of the Targ dynasty.

In a sense there`s a great parallel between young Jaime and Sansa. Both were terribly excited to move to the capital and get in with the royal family only to eventually be incredibly disappointed with their lot. Both lose their family and are stranded in the capital. Both are responsible, one directly, the other just a pawn for their king`s deaths.

Something I never noticed before but interesting nonetheless.

In a sense there`s a great parallel between young Jaime and Sansa. Both were terribly excited to move to the capital and get in with the royal family only to eventually be incredibly disappointed with their lot. Both lose their family and are stranded in the capital. Both are responsible, one directly, the other just a pawn for their king`s deaths.

Something I never noticed before but interesting nonetheless.

yeahhh now lets ship em togheter, in your face Cercei, this is what dat prophecy meant!!!!

....or not.

Pod - He's definitely still alive and I agree that for him to have made it this far based off what he's been through, he's surely going to be involved in something big.

Robett Glover - I find myself believing in the GNC and if it's true, I think he's the hooded man.

Tyene or Sarella/Alleras - If one of the sandsnakes does anything of importance, I think it will be one of these two.

Sam - He'll probably unearth some very valuable information while in Oldtown.

Loras - I think the whole injury thing is a ruse and that he may have found something on Dragonstone, or he's plotting to return to KL with a bang.

From my last listen a month ago I thought Brieen saw him stop kicking when she said whatever to get cut down.

No he was dying, not dead:

Podrick never lifted his eyes, not even when his feet

were jerked up off the ground. If this is another dream, it is time for me to awaken. If this is real,

it is time for me to die. All she could see was Podrick, the noose around his thin neck, his legs

twitching. Her mouth opened. Pod was kicking, choking, dying. Brienne sucked the air in

desperately, even as the rope was strangling her. Nothing had ever hurt so much.

She screamed a word.

Count me as another person who's waiting to see what, if anything, Leyton Hightower does. Sometimes I think so many people are focused on Howland Reed as the gamechanger that we'll be blindsided and it'll be someone else.

I always wondered how big of a game changing effect the Hightower entrance will play in this war. They have a pretty big city lots of money and connections. Also at the Tower of Joy Ned slayed a hightower. I wonder if they still hold a grudge about that and the other family members killed in RR.

Archived