Football 54 has been placed on garden leave

Nas!

England have wasted so many opportunities, getting ridiculously frustrating to watch. None of them are picking the right passes, Sturridge's control is letting him down and Welbeck is just an abomination at times.

England seem to be playing a weird formation. Rooney and Sturridge up front, with Welbeck getting in their way.

Townsend looking really good again at least.

At least Welbeck drifting in field gives Baines acres of space to work with as the RB is getting really tight to the centre back, just a shame it's not a competent player who can take advantage of the chances he gets and positions he finds himself in.

Congratulations to Nasrudin on the Cascadia Cup.

Thanks! I couldn't have done it without my teammates, though! This was a bit of a surprise, even though we've played well against Portland and Seattle this season. I hope it isn't just consolation for not making the playoffs this year though!

Fucking get in!! A World Cup in Brazil to look forward to!

England home support are embarrassing. Blaming the FA for making the away end so big, yet making absolutely fuck all noise themselves. England Band should be sent to the Gulags.

Greece's defend-at-all-costs attitude has finally caught up with them (though they are into the playoffs) - despite finishing level on points with Bosnia, they lose out on top spot thanks to having a goal difference of +8 over Bosnia's +24.

Which means Bosnia-Hergezovina qualify for their first ever major tournament, congrats.

I'm trying to work out, which of the second place teams gets the automatic spot?

None, since we're actually a team extra, not a team short, from an even spread - in other words, it's the worst second place goes out, not the best second place goes through.

And it will almost certainly be Denmark, though the need to take off the bottom team's results from all the seven-team groups makes it a bit difficult to work out.

Feeling a bit bad for Bob Bradley but, that said, very happy to see the best team in Africa probably going to the World Cup again. The matchup was a crime as is CAF's entire setup this year (as has been pointed out to me, this is temporary and perhaps was unavoidable given the changeup in the AFCON schedule), Egypt is good enough to to be one of CAF's 5 but for the draw. But if one team had to go then the right team appears to be on it's way.

US isn't doing Mexico any favors tonight. Honduras has seemingly shut the door on the 3 spot. Mexico locked in a 1-1 battle in Costa Rica but playing well. Their fate is entirely in their hands for the playoff. Answered the bell again after falling behind early.

But can anyone explain why so much of the media felt that Mexico was safe, after winning the Panama game at the Azteca, considering that they were playing their last game away to a team that hates them and Panama was hosting a team that also hates them and likely won't walk through fire to help them?

Well, I think the media view was shaped by the fact that both the United States and Mexico have to get beat for them to lose 4th. Either one pulling out a draw is enough though. You're right though, USA don't exactly have a fire under them and road games in CONCACAF are always tricky.

Archived