Football 54 has been placed on garden leave

Nas!

We were already in. We already had first place. We had nothing to play for tonight. Nothing. This was a throw away game for us.

I don't like Mexico or their fans because they're arrogant have never done anything to earn that attitude. And being the only thing that kept them from elimination isn't going to change that attitude. They think they're too good for CONCACAF and that they should be in CONMEBOL, that they're somehow a historic team, and that other countries should respect them so much more than the US and the rest of CONCACAF. Well CONCACAF has been whooping Mexico's sorry ass all year long and I think that 4 years sitting out in the cold would help them realize the reality,... they're not really that good.

dude,

i also hate mexico.

but, i love my team a lot more than i hate theirs. i want to see mine win. i want to see them always battle to the end, score vital goals and come up with results.

fuck mexico. we agree on that.

we disagree a great deal on wanting to see our own team win.

Remember we did this last time too. Big Conor Casey got Honduras into the world cup right at the end. I remember a great Youtube clip of their announcers reaction to the USA goal. Great to see Johansson get his first USA goal too.

Bornstein of all people, actually.

is the Honduran audio.

dude,

i also hate mexico.

but, i love my team a lot more than i hate theirs. i want to see mine win. i want to see them always battle to the end, score vital goals and come up with results.

fuck mexico. we agree on that.

we disagree a great deal on wanting to see our own team win.

I hate el Tri that much. If it was a win that we actually needed, then yeah I'm right there with ya, but it's hard to not be pissed about this one. Saving el Tri just doesn't feel right... Mind you, it's not Mexico or Mexicans I have a problem with, it's el Tri and their fans (which are often the same thing, but in a football context), so I'm going to make a point to use that name when I denigrate them.

That said, I am happy to see Johansson play a role tonight.

Hopefully New Zealand beat el Tri... they've been coasting on a cloud for too long. Anyways, time for some yoga...

A few Mexico fans are trickling through on the US Soccer forums to "pay their respects". Never expected such a magnanimous from fans of el Tri.

One Mexican friend of mine thinks they'd probably be better off in the long run if they had to sit out a world cup. He thinks their federation has major problems, and that missing Brazil would provide impetus for reform. He won't root against his team though.

One Mexican friend of mine thinks they'd probably be better off in the long run if they had to sit out a world cup. He thinks their federation has major problems, and that missing Brazil would provide impetus for reform. He won't root against his team though.

I've heard that from more and more Mexican fans recently though. Still I'm wondering how long this "kumbaya" accord with el Tri fans will last... perhaps they're learning... too much to hope. I have a ton of Mexican friends who I would have OWNED for 4 LONG YEARS and that is slipping away from me...

I took it hard from them when Nigeria missed the WC in '06, even harder when el Tri beat the US 4-2 in that Gold Cup. Then the Olympics came and they really overreacted to that. Now it was going to be their turn...

New song,... "you're in the World Cup because of U.S.!" (clap...clap...)

Maybe it'll be better if they go out to New Zealand. Then it'll be: we tried our best to help you, Mexico, but you just suck too much!

:lol: :lmao: :rofl:

E2A: Chicharito and multiple Mexico starters will miss the opener against NZ due to yellow card accumulation. They're actually better off without him right now. It's horrifying to watch how horrifyingly horrible his horrible finishing has been a horror to his team...

Now that makes no sense but it perfectly describes his game right now...

Alot of Americans with spots on the USMNT on the line, so there's that. Most everyone on that field was on the bubble to either go or miss out depending on whether or not Klinnsman was impressed. One thing is for certain, Klinsi looks good at the moment to stick around for another cycle considering how well he has the boys playing.

For the second cycle in a row we have another country profusely thanking us for helping them get thru... wow that does do alot to help me get over this... I'm starting to smile a bit...

They love us now! YEAH FUTBOL!!!

a huge success for bosnia. congrats to them!

not only for getting to brazil, but for getting there in style - with a plus twenty-something goal difference.

in related news, though irelevant to getting to brazil, serbia beat macedonia 5-1.

i've seen the highlights only, but it seems serbia can really play when there's nothing to play for.

basta had a great night (1 goal and 3 assists), no wonder a few italian teams are out to get him.

EDIT:

that negredo's goal is unbelievable!

it's even better than the one he scored against bayern.

Archived