The Walking Dead: Season 4 - No Comic Spoilers!

Thales

but they would have to still clear the corpses occasionally or there would be major problems with sanitation and physical security. So one way or another they will have to draw them off sooner or later.

I'm thinking this may be part of the sickness issue. They seem to get their water from that stream right near the prison, and if there are lots of corpses being tossed nearby (unless they burn the pile of dead every day) then the ground water is almost surely contaminated.

What I didn't like is how Rick is essentially going through exactly the same stuff emotionally as last season. It's getting stale, really.

The man spent half a year constantly on the run, watching the people he was in charge of protecting slowly starve. And shortly after they find sanctuary he loses one of his right-hand men and his wife ends up dying in childbirth, forcing his preteen son to put a bullet in her brain so she didn't come back a zombie. And, arguably, it could have been prevented if he'd put a bullet in the head of a guy who tried to kill him (so in a roundabout way he helped kill his wife).

I'm not sure how long one is supposed to take getting over something like that but I'm fairly certain its not just something you shrug off. I'd also argue that his storyline in that episode was a big step forward for him to get over his issues.

The man spent half a year constantly on the run, watching the people he was in charge of protecting slowly starve. And shortly after they find sanctuary he loses one of his right-hand men and his wife ends up dying in childbirth, forcing his preteen son to put a bullet in her brain so she didn't come back a zombie. And, arguably, it could have been prevented if he'd put a bullet in the head of a guy who tried to kill him (so in a roundabout way he helped kill his wife).

I'm not sure how long one is supposed to take getting over something like that but I'm fairly certain its not just something you shrug off. I'd also argue that his storyline in that episode was a big step forward for him to get over his issues.

I agree, Really enjoyed Ricks scenes this episode. It always helps when the acting is on point as well.

I'm thinking this may be part of the sickness issue. They seem to get their water from that stream right near the prison, and if there are lots of corpses being tossed nearby (unless they burn the pile of dead every day) then the ground water is almost surely contaminated.

Fair enough, I get that. I'm not saying it's unrealistic or anything like that, just that it can get a tad repetitive at times.

So I caught most of the episode, have to rewatch it tonight because my toddler decided to get back out of bed. What I did catch I liked. The grocery store scene added some nice tension to the mix, even though it did feel forced it was still pretty good. Goddamned zombies falling from the sky, what's not to fear about that?

And I completely missed why that glasses kid was sick. Did it show why/how? Seemed strange for him to be mostly okay during the day and then that night he's freaking so sick he dies, but it will open it up for some nice zombie prison action next episode.

Holy crap, I usually pride myself on spotting actors but I had no idea it was her even though the accent was tickling my memory. Excellent makeup/acting job.

I did recognize Kyle Gallner and knew he was toast when I saw him. I don't think I've ever seen a show/movie where that guy doesn't die.

Honestly, just ignore them. I have no idea why this show in particular draws posters in to criticize like flies to rotten fruit, but it has since the first episode. Letting them have their pointless little fist pumps and nose-thumbing at the show doesn't hurt anyone and engaging with them proves pointless almost 100% of the time. Just ignore them. They'll go away.

it is essentially a very easy show to nitpick. but it can still be enjoyable despite these insane errors. (well not season 2. that wasnt enjoyable) then, despite liking the show, the plotholes are still something to talk about.

i think the show is definitely in the best place its been since the beginning of season one. very happy with the first episode and if this was written by the new showrunner, i think it will be the best season theyve done.

You know, it makes a difference if you watch an episode again, with close captioning, followed by The Talking Dead. Amazing how many of my questions were answered. Sorry about that. Yes, it was a head, even though no one could tell. Yes, Michonne didn't find the Governor wherever she was last and will be looking for him in the Macon area. A few months have passed since the last season ended. The season will focus on children and adults and "growing up."

did they explain the zombie magnet they have at the prison, and how that technology works?

They did explain it in a way by showing a clip of the opening scene for next week's episode.

Someone inside the prison is feeding live rats to the zombies at the fence.

it is essentially a very easy show to nitpick. but it can still be enjoyable despite these insane errors. (well not season 2. that wasnt enjoyable) then, despite liking the show, the plotholes are still something to talk about.

i think the show is definitely in the best place its been since the beginning of season one. very happy with the first episode and if this was written by the new showrunner, i think it will be the best season theyve done.

For me, I thought that all of season 2 was justified the moment the little girl walked out of the barn. That was easily one of the most powerful moments of TV I've ever seen.

However, it bears mentioning that I watched all of season 2 in the space of a week, after the last episode.

They did explain it in a way by showing a clip of the opening scene for next week's episode.

Someone inside the prison is feeding live rats to the zombies at the fence.

I hate little girls, I have difficulty believing I ever was one.

ETA: I'd like to make clear that I hope said little girl dies. In the show, of course.

For me, I thought that all of season 2 was justified the moment the little girl walked out of the barn. That was easily one of the most powerful moments of TV I've ever seen.

I'm one of the few that enjoyed the second season. And enjoyed it even more when I caught a marathon one evening last year. I absolutely agree, Sofie coming out of the barn was just... whoa.

That came up between carl and the girl that was doing it in this episode.

Totally agree with that.

I'd say the writer knew someone who had some history with feeding raccoons.

My friend fed them at night because she felt sorry for them, and before you knew it, there were dozens to the point she had to call the authorities for help. It would be clever to take those real-life experiences and translate them a hundred times into the horrific, lol.

I'm one of the few that enjoyed the second season. And enjoyed it even more when I caught a marathon one evening last year. I absolutely agree, Sofie coming out of the barn was just... whoa.

Me too, that was heart-rending.

I like the character development and emotional impact more so than how many zombies can we pile into a room. To me, that gets somewhat tiresome.

I always enjoyed the first season, and scenes with Jim, Andrea and her sister, as well as even the CDC when some made the choice to not go on while some did.

It made you think.

Some will rise to the occasion like Glen, some will not like the Governer and Shane, some will go to the brink like Rick and Michonne, and some like poor "creepy" Clara will do neither.

One thing about this show that still hasn't changed is that keep killing these nobody redshirts and expect us to give a shit. At least kirkman had the balls to kill major characters with real personality and character. There's zero tension when Zack keeps killing the filler and the A team always makes it. Unless it's a stupid death like Andrea who is handled much better in the comics. ..

Archived