Whose head is Robert Strong "wearing"?

Señor de la Tormenta

Falyse is the obvious candidate, as Cersei gave her to Qyburn for "his experiments".

Of course it's "magic" and George can do whatever he wants, but I would have problems swallowing the use of the head of someone dead for more than a year such as King Robert, Ned or Syrio. Putrefaction would be well advanced, and the eyes sockets would be empty.

Yeah about 3 years for Ned, King Robert and Syrio. I dont imagine them being recognizable unless they were mummified.

I love the quote about the helmet with nothing but black blood inside.

We have read about the faceless men, but a headless man takes it to an entirely new, even creepier level.

Talking of creepy absence, I'm reminded of another quote from Reek, ADWD

"Bolton's pale eyes looked empty in the moonlight, as if there were noone behind them at all"

Could be an innocent observation, a reflection on his lack of humanity, or a glimpse of the truth behind the mask like face.

I rolled my eyes when I read the suggestion that it is Robb's head but the very first vision Bran has while he is in his coma describes a giant in armour and having a Stark head in there might make Bran have more of an affinity for the vision. The Freys may have sent Robb's head to Kings Landing as a trophy after the Red Weddidng and Qyburn may have perked up and said something like "Hey, if no one has plans for that head, I'm making a man down in my laboratory and this thing could really help move my plans along nicely" Plus, you know, Robert/Robb.

Still, my gut feeling is that there is nothing in there.

Ned, Syrio and Robert are no likely. They died 3 years ago, and that use was not tought in that moment . Neds body was sent home and Roberts to SE.

Robb in the other hand could be more likely.

Lol, Syrio would be GRRM's "F U" for people constantly asking him if Syrio really died.

Archived