Would Stannis kneel down for Dany?

ymaface

Cool yes. But.....I like Stannis as he is. A man who breaks before he bends, and I think he'll die.

Except he won't die. Because Stannis will always be in every just man's heart. :bowdown:

I like Stannis as he is as well, but it's easy to do your duty when they all line up. The cool part would be to see how Stannis would react if his duty to save the realm no longer aligned w/ his duty to be king.

Stannis being AAR and his claim to Iron Throne is 2 completely different thing. Regardless of his belief as AAR, he would still be fighting the Others invasion to protect the realm. I mean, one of the "legal" requirement as the King of Westoros is to protect the realm so who ever is invading the land, the Others, Wildlings etc.... the King would be required to fight the invaders.

AAR is simply a prophesy of an individual who would defeat the Others. So the question isn't whether Stannis would fight the Others, rather it's a question of if he is going to be the LEADER who DEFEATS the Others.

Again, regardless of whether Stannis is AAR or he becomes the rightful King of Westoros, he would have to fight the Others for survival of the realm and of himself and the family.

Fighting the Others is not an optional choice. It's fight for survival.

I know they are two different things, the point is that his duty for both are the same. What if they weren't? What if his duty to be king conflicted w/ his duty to defeat the Others?

How does that make any sense? He has the better claim because he fights for the Baratheon dynasty. If he believed Dany was the rightful heir he would've offered her his army already.

He has never heard of dany or her dragons or need for an army. He wasnt even at kings landing for the whole dany assasination plot fiasco. You better believe if there was any hint of it melisandre would be all about dragons.

And for the whole would he kneel i think he would once he realizes she is the direct heir to the targaryen line. The only reason he rebelled against the mad king in the first place was because of Robert. He doesn't have any familial loyalties binding him now against doing the honorable thing. Now the real question is would he support dany or rhaegar's "son" once he hears of them both which will happen if stannis survives long enough. Given that choice he would certainly choose the male heir versus the female heir given his extreme discomfort with women in general let alone women in positions of authority.

If in the future Stannis comes across Daenerys will he give up his claim to the throne or keep on justifying his own claim? Down on paper Daenerys has the best claim but maybe he could argue that through right of conquest he is still the rightful heir? What do you guys think? I can't imagine Stannis kneeling down for anybody.

On paper Dany has zero claim. Right of Conquest and the Baratheon claim are what matters, Dany has to take the Throne through conquest if she is going to have any shot at it. There is no arguement about it, Stannis is the rightful King, and I'm not even a hardcore Stannis guy, that is just how the laws of succession work, once the realm declared Robert king, the Baratheons became the royal family.

I keep wondering why this particular topic is made so frequently.

Right or wrong, Stannis has decided the Targaryen claim to the Iron Throne was forfeit back during Robert's Rebellion.

Right or wrong, Stannis has demonstrated a desire to fight to the end, in face of insurmountable odds.

What part of any of this ever makes people think he'd bend the knee to Daenerys, even if she threatens him with death?

Sorry, I've never seen it posted before thus the new topic.

Personally I hope Stannis never bends the knee :cool4: but I do think there's a lot to be had in that "breaks before he bends" line.

Personally I hope Stannis never bends the knee :cool4: but I do think there's a lot to be had in that "breaks before he bends" line.

I don't read too much into the whole "break before he bends" thing. It was Donal Noye who made that claim and I'm not sure how well he knew Stannis. If it was someone like Davos who said it then it would hold more weight. Stannis has made concessions and shown that he is willing to accept advice from others.

My assumption is Stannis wins the Iron Throne just in time for a full on assault by the Others. Never gets to actually rule as he is occupied with fight against them and falls in battle before Dany even arrives in Westeros.

I believe he goes out like a true Baratheon.

All the intrigues & political alliances and who's a real Targaryean & who's not, become moot in the face of human extinction. I believe ALL & everyone's attention from Ironborn to the Vale to Essos; Summer Islanders to Skagos will be turned to face that one great threat.

Even the Faceless Men & Iron a Bank will in the fight.

"Right of Conquest" or not, the main Targaryens gave up their right to rule when Viserys ran away. Due to that, they no longer have any real claim, only that which floated around in Viserys' diseased mind. Dany would have to conquer the entirety of Westeros in order to have a claim on the Iron Throne again.

"Right of Conquest" or not, the main Targaryens gave up their right to rule when Viserys ran away. Due to that, they no longer have any real claim, only that which floated around in Viserys' diseased mind. Dany would have to conquer the entirety of Westeros in order to have a claim on the Iron Throne again.

According to who and what Law?

I keep wondering why this particular topic is made so frequently.

Right or wrong, Stannis has decided the Targaryen claim to the Iron Throne was forfeit back during Robert's Rebellion.

Right or wrong, Stannis has demonstrated a desire to fight to the end, in face of insurmountable odds.

What part of any of this ever makes people think he'd bend the knee to Daenerys, even if she threatens him with death?

This is all that needs to be said, and I too am confused as to why people don't see it. Based on what we have seen from his character in the books Stannis. Will. Bend. To. No. One.

This is all that needs to be said, and I too am confused as to why people don't see it. Based on what we have seen from his character in the books Stannis. Will. Bend. To. No. One.

He would bend if he realizes that he will hv no one to rule if the others win & Dany shows up with Dragons against the Others.

He could attempt to make a war if he survives it. But he would have no support if Dany pulls Westeros's fat out of the Ice.

Not to mention how war weary & bleeding the world would be at that time.

Archived