Dissapointing characters

Shadwell

What Charakters dissapoint you in the Books related to the Plot and the Story?

For me it was Balon Greyjoy, a very interesting Figure, who just had a minor Role and die much too soon (also he was way better portraited in the TV-Series)

The Death of Tywin was a Shock, but also a bad Move, since he was a big Force in the World of SOIAF and leave a big hole in the Story.

The Part of the Others is very, very slow, will they ever overcome the Wall? I dont think they are such a great Danger for the Kingdom, like they should be...but maybe this will be fixed in the next book.

The Sand Snakes.

They are convinced that they can continue Oberyn's legacy but so far they haven't accomplished much and they do not seem to understand or appreciate Doran or anyone who isn't acting like Oberyn.

All the characters, POV or non POV, following the death of their parents, appear to be more mature and following their own path, the Sand Snakes just don't seem to have that level of maturity.

I expected more from the Red Viper's bastard daughters.

JonCon. I thought he would be more interesting. We still have two books though, so that could change.

Tywin was disappointing for the fact that he is nowhere near the reputation of "greatness" that people seem to give him.

JonCon. I thought he would be more interesting. We still have two books though, so that could change.

Tywin was disappointing for the fact that he is nowhere near the reputation of "greatness" that people seem to give him.

We've had one PoV chapter of him, and I thought it was pretty interesting since they're invading Westeros and actually doing something. Plus he's the first PoV we have of someone with Greyscale and that knew Rhaegar as a friend (albeit a severely one-sided friendship isn't ideal it's still better than nothing).

For me it has to be Dany, as many have already said. There's actually nothing she can do in the last two books, no matter how awesome, that will make me re-read her story from aCok through to aDwD.

I LOVE the Dany chapters on my re-read. So much good stuff there and shows how difficult it is to be a good ruler. Stannis for the same reason "I seem to breed traitors"... no shit Stan!

But this is about disappointing characters, so I'm going to go with Quentyn... a POV with a goal and some promise only to die from dragon fire? I didn't even care.

Archived