Dissapointing characters

Shadwell

I have to ask. How could you not find him interesting if he only have 2 chapters, and already start an invasion and took 4 castles in a matter of days?

and apparently he has succeed in taking Storm's End, one of the most legenday stronghold in ASOIAF, if not the most

Does he have to ride a dragon, slay the great Other, solve Jon's parenthood mystery and revive Ned to be interesting to you? (just kidding)

Eh. Im aware of all those things and still dont find him interesting. Im more interested in fAegon to be honest.

And I said in my post that we still arent done with his story and things could change. So far though, Im not impressed.

And yes, dragons and Others play a part lol. Well, not really.

I get the feeling people are mistaking disappointing with "I hate the character".

To the OP I would say Quentyn, he just came to meereen and dies, now thats disappointing.

Yep. I love Aegon's character, and I find him interesting, I just found it disappointing to find another dragon.

I thought Viserys was awesome and amusing in the books and show. I have hated Daenerys ever since she watched him die and showed no remorse. He had some issues sure and was delt a shitty hand, but he wasnt evil like Joffrey or Ramsey. He would have been a better king than Robert.

She shows remorse in the book. When Drogo says that Viserys will get his crown, and Dany realizes that Drogo will kill her brother, Viserys, not understanding, smiles. Dany thinks "That was the saddest thing, the thing that tore at her afterward ... the way he smiled." Maybe it's not much, but it shows that she does care. It "tore at her."

I get the feeling people are mistaking disappointing with "I hate the character".

To address this, I love the character Bran, but I've been disappointed with how slowly his story has progressed. I fully expect him to be the most powerful being in Westeros by the end, but man, it's taken him so long just to start training his powers. And just when he starts to really learn how, his chapters end. His last chapter is about 60% through ADWD and it's him just as he really takes off and... I was left waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I still love his character, but c'mon, let's get to the part where he learns and controls EVERYTHING!

Let me replace the word 'hate' with 'disappointed' in my post and I still stand by it. Dany is 'disappointing' why? Because she stayed back in Mereen? If she moves to Westeros, people would still be disappointed as to how a young girl can just walk into the seven kingdoms (with or without dragons).

Which character is the most satisfying one then? Because I'd like to point out why they are disappointing. Heck, you can make a case for why Ned (NED !!!) is disappointing. The guy who didn't have the backbone to say "No" to Robert, the guy who foolishly confronted Cersei - the list just goes on (if you get my drift :)).

IMHO, we need to wait for a character arc to be complete or not have them contribute anything before we can call them 'disappointing'. Rickon probably is disappointing to me since he really hasn't done much and I'd be shocked to find him do great deeds in just the last two books with next to nothing in the first five. But even that would have to wait since GRRM might have great plans for him.

To the OP I would say Quentyn, he just came to meereen and dies, now thats disappointing.

Yeah, this quickly turned into a bash Dany's arc thread...

Doran Martell!

All his plans seem kind of foolish to me, the story with Quentyn before all...and not very clever how he treated and still treats Ariane who has muchj more wits...would have been much more clever to trust her and built her up as his valiant heiress.

It is wise not to goto open war with the Iron Throne atm without any allies....but sending those spies and representatives...I don t see any good come from that...those persons will not be able to poke around in the vipers nest of Kings Landing....as well as Quentyn has been unable to fulfill his plan.

So...I think Doran is disappointing, the only clever thing I could see him to do was that he was able to bring back Princess Myrcella after her abduction.

Doran Martell!

All his plans seem kind of foolish to me, the story with Quentyn before all...and not very clever how he treated and still treats Ariane who has muchj more wits...would have been much more clever to trust her and built her up as his valiant heiress.

It is wise not to goto open war with the Iron Throne atm without any allies....but sending those spies and representatives...I don t see any good come from that...those persons will not be able to poke around in the vipers nest of Kings Landing....as well as Quentyn has been unable to fulfill his plan.

So...I think Doran is disappointing, the only clever thing I could see him to do was that he was able to bring back Princess Myrcella after her abduction.

When the sand snakes say something very similar, Doran talks about how he is the harmless grass to the Red Viper. Doran's "sedate" nature plays the 'good cop' to Oberyn's fiery 'bad cop'. They worked together as a team which for all practical purposes kept Dorne "unbent, unbowed and unbroken" :-D.

Still....Quentyn is dead, I don t think that his plans with his "envoys" to KL will work out, he could have made much better use of Ariane in building her up as his heiress....ah yes....and Oberyn is dead too :bawl:

Quentyn's death was a product of circumstances and some bad luck.

Why will the envoys not work out? They need all the info they can get before they declare for anyone.

Look at the previous point. Keeping Arianne at Dorne wouldn't serve any purpose. I am sure he would have liked to go himself but that's not possible.

Oberyn's dead becase of his own mistakes

Archived