The Most Defining Moment in A Character's Story Arc?

Arthur Dayne's Honor

I was just wondering what everyone thinks a character's actions have seperated them from the rest and made them unique. For example

Ned- I think his defining moment in his story arc, what makes him such a unique character is when he decides to smear the details of Roberts will saying Roberts "rightful heir" instead of Joffrey.

Jaime's moment was rescuing Brienne not losing his hand, he didnt have a choice to loose his hand but he could have easily just sauntered off to KL, maybe the amputation was the catalyst but the change occurred at that moment.

Jon deciding not to take Stannis' offer after beating the shit out of .... I forget who in the training yard.

Arya burying needle instead of throwing it into the river (we have not seen the last of the night wolf).

Cersei breaking during her walk of shame.

Ned breaking and deciding to forsake his honor for his daughters.

Tyrion killing Tywin. It broke him and turned him into a self-pitying, sniveling asshole.

No, Tyrion has always been an asshole. It just wasn't made clear when he was in KL surrounded by other assholes. What's that saying? In the kingdom of the blind...

Theon jumping with Jeyne to get out of Winterfell.

I like Theon because he has a lot of these defining moments, killing the miller's boys, in the Show the execution of Ser Rodrik, my favorite scene in season 2, there must have been an off-page breaking point when Theon died and Reek was born, his reborn as Theon in the godswood, and then jumping. Theon is a complex guy :p

I was just wondering what everyone thinks a character's actions have seperated them from the rest and made them unique. For example

Ned- I think his defining moment in his story arc, what makes him such a unique character is when he decides to smear the details of Roberts will saying Roberts "rightful heir" instead of Joffrey.

I would say Ned's was showing mercy to Cersei and allowing her to escape with her children.

Archived