NFL- Week Six: How High A Spread at Mile HIgh

Rockroi

you could also interpret it as me objecting to an incorrect point that directly referenced what happened on that drive

then several pats fans getting in a bunch about something theyre apparently sensitive about

As far as I see it, we're all responding to what we see as incorrect points -- but when a Pats fan does it in response to incorrect points about their team, it's us getting "in a bunch" because we're oversensitive?

You chose to revive the debate about the Tuck Rule, acting as if you had information and insights that no one else has had for the last 12 years, in a non-sequitur to the argument about Brady's postseason performance, despite not being a Raiders fan. But it's no big deal, really, as part of your valiant crusade to correct people saying incorrect things in the NFL thread. Am I caught up now?

As far as I see it, we're all responding to what we see as incorrect points -- but when a Pats fan does it in response to incorrect points about their team, it's us getting "in a bunch" because we're oversensitive?

You chose to revive the debate about the Tuck Rule, acting as if you had information and insights that no one else has had for the last 12 years, in a non-sequitur to the argument about Brady's postseason performance, despite not being a Raiders fan. But it's no big deal, really, as part of your valiant crusade to correct people saying incorrect things in the NFL thread. Am I caught up now?

you got it.

Anyone want to buy a share of Arian Foster?

It's an interesting concept and I think Foster is smart for being the first to sign up for it. If it works, the instant cash he receives is a nice insurance policy against future injury. However for an investor, I think you're nuts to invest in a 27 year old RB who has already received his one big contract and is injured every year. Further the $10 million IPO only collectively buys investors 20% of his future earnings. it means he's gotta make $50 million from the date of the IPO to the end of his career for investors to break even. What are the chances of that happening?

Hehehe. The division is now returned to its rightful masters.

Let the professionals take it from here, Texans.

Yes, Jimmy Irsay screams professional.

It's an interesting concept and I think Foster is smart for being the first to sign up for it. If it works, the instant cash he receives is a nice insurance policy against future injury. However for an investor, I think you're nuts to invest in a 27 year old RB who has already received his one big contract and is injured every year. Further the $10 million IPO only collectively buys investors 20% of his future earnings. it means he's gotta make $50 million from the date of the IPO to the end of his career for investors to break even. What are the chances of that happening?

It's a nearer thing than I thought because apparently endorsements count too -- but I'm curious just what counts as future earnings. Like, say he buys a car dealership and hangs on to it for the rest of his life -- does that mean I get 20% of his take from that?

But, yeah. That's not a great investment. Let me know when Andrew Luck shares are ready for IPO.

Is he obligated to continue playing until he can no longer receive a contract? Is he obligated to accept every endorsement deal offered his way? When his career goes belly-up in 3 years, do we, as investors, get to sell 20% of him to a dog food company or a uranium mine? Can we feed him a poison pill if T. Boone Pickens acquires over 3.5% of Fantex stock in him?

Yes, Jimmy Irsay screams professional.

nice

ETA:

Cardinals putting up a fight, what kind of sick son of a bitch decided to make them play the 49'ers and Seahawks each in a span of 5 days?

So I got confirmation today that I'm allowed to fly on Saturday after I have surgery tomorrow. Broncos at Colts, don't disappoint me.

Archived