Euron Crow's Eye went to Valyria?

ShaggyCat

Euron's men are mute? The horn blower died? I thought that was just a metaphor. No more cleaning while I listen to my audio book. I am clearly missing things!

and yes, lol to Euron=Daario/Benjan wth?

It's been a while since i read Feast. When exactly is it hinted/stated that Euron molested the Damphair? I can't recall that being mentioned but maybe i just missed it or forgot.

If you go through Damphair's chapters, there is a recurring reference to the sound of a rusted iron hinge and how Damphair doesn't have to be afraid of Euron anymore. Many readers believe that these are subtle references to Euron sneaking into Damphair's room to molest him as a child.

I'm glad other people missed some of this too. I did not get any glimmer that was what the hinge sound was referring to. And I must have glossed over that is crew was actually mute, I think I just thought they were intimidatingly quite/ so disciplined.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up on the Reader's mistrust of Euron's claims on my first read, but the rusty hinge/molestation thing went right over my head. Some good subtlety there. And iirc, I think it's mentioned that Euron cuts the tongues out of his crewmen, which is badass as hell, but I'm confused about how they receive/relay commands on his ship if none of them can talk.

Archived