Euron Crow's Eye went to Valyria?

ShaggyCat

After speeding through books 1-3, I am really struggling to get through AFFC. It really is the lessor of great cousins. However, I've read enough on these boards to be confident it all comes relatively together in the end.

Just read the Kraken Kingsmoot chapter. Do we really believe that Euron has sailed to the abandoned and dangerous area of old Valyria? Is this horn legit?

If this has been discussed ad nausum, mods please point me in the right direction and lock up this thread. Ta. Did a search and couldn't find anything immediately.

“Have you?” the Reader asked, so softly.

Euron’s blue smile vanished. “Reader,” he said into the quiet, “you would do well to keep your nose in your books.”

Pretty sure it's heavily hinted that Euron is lying. His reaction to Rodrik was pretty sour when he questioned Euron about Valyria there.

Well the thing clearly had some affect on the Damphair, the runes appeared to glow, and the guy who blew it died. Euron says his lungs got burnt out but hey he might be lying. I don't think it's inconceivable he went to Valyria; I'm pretty sure the "Doom" was just a massive volcanic eruption and while it sounds like the area is still active it's conceivable there are portions of the area intact and traversable.

I have a lot of question about Euron though. Like what's up with the shade of the evening? And did the book ever explain the Damphair's flashbacks of the chain sounds or whatever that was? Whatever is going on with Euron I definitely think he's a dangerous dude and bad news.

And did the book ever explain the Damphair's flashbacks of the chain sounds or whatever that was? Whatever is going on with Euron I definitely think he's a dangerous dude and bad news.

It was a rusted iron hinge. And I also have no idea about the connection.

Also, Euron is the only one who knows of the dragons so maybe he did go near Valaria. Of course, he could have heard that somewhere else.

Link to discussion?

Have I also seen people say Euron = Daario ?

It was actually someone asking the same question of this thread. Link

My personal doubts stem from the fact that if Euron went to Valyria, then I'm sure he would have more souvenirs. Plus it's all too convenient that his entire crew is mute therefore they can't verify nor deny Euron's claims.

Also lol the Euron=Daario theory. Have you heard the disturbing Euron=Dusky Woman theory?

• 3 weeks later...

My personal doubts stem from the fact that if Euron went to Valyria, then I'm sure he would have more souvenirs. Plus it's all too convenient that his entire crew is mute therefore they can't verify nor deny Euron's claims.

Also lol the Euron=Daario theory. Have you heard the disturbing Euron=Dusky Woman theory?

Yrch. Euron the Dusky Woman. Well, it Euron diddled one brother, why not another? Interesting way of making Victarion take all the risks to get to Dany, and then appear and claim her for himself. I hope Dany/Drogon flames him to the seventh ring of hell.

Euron has an interesting crew. But one can get a pretty diverse crew from slavers, I suppose. As to being mute...they cannot give away any secrets (where Euron has been or a FM he hired), nor can they protest any of Euron's decisions or actions in sailing hither and yon.

Euron must be a powerful personality. The Damphair, who furiously believes that a godless man may not sit the throne, does nothing. He does not try to dose Euron with seawater, he does not expose him (understandable that, he would have to admit Euron buggered him as a child). But I would think the Ironborn would turn on Euron for that.

As for the horn, I think Euron had to work for that. He at least sailed to Aashai or the shadowlands to find it. Perhaps one of his necromancers discovered its whereabouts and drew maps for him. I don't know if his sorcerers are muted.

I have never read anything about Euron as Daario.

I think Euron waylaid Gerion Lannister's ship as Gerion was returning from his quest to find treasures that survived the Doom of Valyria. We've been told that venturing into the Smoking Sea was Gerion's plan and I think the horn was found by him and then taken from him as Euron did what pirates do best. Euron likely killed Gerion, much of his crew and then lied about having been the one that went into the Smoking Sea where he found the horn. Am hoping at some point survivors from Gerion's crew surface and tell the truth about the horn and what happened to Gerion. Ideally, Gerion would survive somehow and turn up to reveal what happened, but chances of that are slim.

These are just my wild ideas and there's no real evidence to support them.

<Snip>

Ugghhh.... I hate this quoting system, but yeah I'm surprised that the Ironborn automatically believed Euron's story and didn't ask him for more proof (gotta give Euron credit tho, he made one helluva an intro with the dragon horn, yeah he definitely prepared for that shit).

LOL I've heard all types of crazy theories in regards to the warging of Daario. There's also a Benjen=Daario theory.

I think Euron waylaid Gerion Lannister's ship as Gerion was returning from his quest to find treasures that survived the Doom of Valyria. We've been told that venturing into the Smoking Sea was Gerion's plan and I think the horn was found by him and then taken from him as Euron did what pirates do best. Euron likely killed Gerion, much of his crew and then lied about having been the one that went into the Smoking Sea where he found the horn. Am hoping at some point survivors from Gerion's crew surface and tell the truth about the horn and what happened to Gerion. Ideally, Gerion would survive somehow and turn up to reveal what happened, but chances of that are slim.

These are just my wild ideas and there's no real evidence to support them.

I think I also read this theory somewhere. If this were another story, Gerion would definitely be Chekhov's gun, but with GRRM, who knows? I think it's an interesting theory too either way...

Thank you for posting this link, am looking forward to reading the thoughts there. Also am agreed that there is so much to doubt about Euron's tales and who amongst the ironborn would dare openly question the treacherous bugger that he is.

Euron = Dario...hilarious.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since i read Feast. When exactly is it hinted/stated that Euron molested the Damphair? I can't recall that being mentioned but maybe i just missed it or forgot.

If you go through Damphair's chapters, there is a recurring reference to the sound of a rusted iron hinge and how Damphair doesn't have to be afraid of Euron anymore. Many readers believe that these are subtle references to Euron sneaking into Damphair's room to molest him as a child.

Archived