Three-eyed Raven has been cast!

Overlord of Skagos

Yes, they could fill the entire S5 with new material, filling the holes left behidn by the lack of internal monologue. They could make Bran see the Tower of Joy and the tourney of Harrenhal, for instance.

That's exactly what I was thinking, Bran doesn't have a storyline for season 5 (if his story next season ends the same as ADWD) and it will also help to give non-readers some backstory like the ToJ and the Tourney at Harrenhal, using Bran for that makes perfect sense to me

While I don`t think they`d fill the entire season with it it`d be awesome to bookend the season, and possibly have an episode in the middle too, with weirwood dreams of the past.

You could make an entire episode out of Harrenhal for instance. The same with the actual Rebellion. I wonder how`d they`d do that though (if they were). Would they cast younger actors in the roles of Ned etc? It`s a tough bridge to cross and possibly one they`d rather skip, no matter how integral it seems.

I think it would be enough for a whole season. Bran had only 30min of screentime in season 3.

They have to cover the Robert's rebellion story at some point for the audience to understand Red Viper's motives, Dorne's game-plan,

Young Griff and his story

and when the time comes..

the famous R+L=J theory.

This season could be the perfect time to fill in that story..Bran might be our portal to it.

ETA: Someone edit that picture of his to make him look like his character :D

He looks pretty good from just his appearance and I'm glad that the BR is in. I wonder if they'll actually include his Targ backstory or not? - so far it's been kind of inconsequential to the main series.

I expect that he'll appear in a vision during Bran's travels (perhaps only as a voice) and then appear in the final episode when Bran reaches BR's cave. I'm not really sure how I feel about creating a whole new plot line for Bran this season. My preference would have been to expand his screen time in S3, with Ramsay hunting him perhaps and then in S4 (With an influx of new characters like the Dornish and hopefully Ironborn) he could take more of a backseat.

He looks pretty good from just his appearance and I'm glad that the BR is in. I wonder if they'll actually include his Targ backstory or not? - so far it's been kind of inconsequential to the main series.

I expect that he'll appear in a vision during Bran's travels (perhaps only as a voice) and then appear in the final episode when Bran reaches BR's cave. I'm not really sure how I feel about creating a whole new plot line for Bran this season. My preference would have been to expand his screen time in S3, with Ramsay hunting him perhaps and then in S4 (With an influx of new characters like the Dornish and hopefully Ironborn) he could take more of a backseat.

Perhaps they will leave his Targaryen ancestry unsaid, but leave fans to connect the dots should they ever do a Dunk & Egg or Blackfyre Rebellion prequel series.

Looks good, I'd thought Gattis might be playing Bloodraven and was disappointed when iy was revealed he was Tycho. Season 4 seems the perfect time to introduce him and hopefully some of the backstory he and Bran might reveal.

It'll be interesting if they mention his Blackfyre ancestry, foreshadowing the appearance of Aegon later in the series.

I'm sure it will be hinted that he is a Blackfyre... or even plainly explained... I guess he is the perfect character to tell what the Blackfyre are.

"I was born of a Targaryen King. But my mother was no Queen. So I am a Blackfyre. That's how they called us, Targaryen bastards, back in the days, Blackfyre."

A line like this could work. Imagine if it is the only bit of information they give about the 3EC during the final episode of the season. People will remember it !

Awesome. Christopher Lee would have been my choice, but that was always an unrealistic expectation.

At any rate, I'm glad we'll be seeing Bloodraven this season as he is (in my opinion, anyway) the most fascinating character in the whole ASOIAF mythos. I haven't seen Struan Rodger act in anything, but he certainly has the right look and I'm sure he'll play him well.

Looks good, I'd thought Gattis might be playing Bloodraven and was disappointed when iy was revealed he was Tycho. Season 4 seems the perfect time to introduce him and hopefully some of the backstory he and Bran might reveal.

It'll be interesting if they mention his Blackfyre ancestry, foreshadowing the appearance of Aegon later in the series.

I'm sure it will be hinted that he is a Blackfyre... or even plainly explained... I guess he is the perfect character to tell what the Blackfyre are.

"I was born of a Targaryen King. But my mother was no Queen. So I am a Blackfyre. That's how they called us, Targaryen bastards, back in the days, Blackfyre."

A line like this could work. Imagine if it is the only bit of information they give about the 3EC during the final episode of the season. People will remember it !

Where are you getting this "Brynden/Bloodraven is a Blackfyre" nonsense from? Targaryen bastards aren't called Blackfyres, it is a specific House name created by Daemon. Only he, and his descendants, are Blackfyres.

I could see the show simplifying what a Blackfyre is, and saying only it is the name of Targaryen high-born bastards.

I wouldn't think it is really a concept that needs simplifying, though. One individual Targaryen bastard created a House, the Blackfyres, and rebelled.

I really think people are getting ahead of themselves by assuming that all of Bran's material will be covered this season. It's going to take several episodes to reach the cave and they may invent some new material as well. I'm really only anticipating one or two episodes from this guy unless he appears to Bran via visions. I kind of hope this isn't the case as well, because I imagine the first time the audience sees him is going to be, well ... a bit of a shock. ;)

I really do hope they take advantage of the opportunity to finally tell The Laughing Knight and Tower of Joy stories, even if it's just something like Meera or Jojen explaining the story rather than the stories being shown to us (I really don't think we'll be so lucky). Those are some of my favorite moments from the books.

Archived