The Heretic's Guide to Heresy

wolfmaid7

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, alienarea said:

I dare to voice the ultimate heresy: the plot is weak.

I tried to start a new topic for getting opinions on this without bashing or being rude, still it gets deleted.

Yeah good luck with that. Most people think the plot is pretty good. 

20 minutes ago, The Dragon has three heads said:

So, they kill discussin based on the show? What's the fucking point?

Yeah...There's a no fly policy when it comes to that.It's absolutely forbidden.

Inevitably we're now into two different texts given that the master one hasn't been completed far less published, but the mummers are aware of the milestones and as I've just said on the main thread I'll be interested to see how long the dam lasts before the milestones are "released" for discussion, given that they are already all over the internet.

On 5/27/2016 at 8:42 PM, The Dragon has three heads said:

Book puritans are most likely seething that the show has spoiled them on said revelations, I consider myself one also but putting a blanket ban on how the show affects the books is beyond retarded.  

Actually we don't know. GRRM has addressed the matter of the show spoiling the books and said some things may or may not be spoilers.That the show and the books have diverged and will continue to do so.So for the first time everyone is in the dark.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll leave this forum after season 6. And I don't care about the future books anymore. Not because the tv show may have spoiled them, but because IMHO it turned out to be a hype. If you believe it's better than LOTR you have not been paying attention.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok hello guys a couple of updates.

Heresy is having another Bi-cenntenial project begining next thread which is Heresy 190. Please feel free to join us as we look at a series of essays that higlight topics from Heresy discussions.

Additionally,i have sent messages off to the authors of the Heresy parentage  project to submit their summaries for an extended OP on the wrap up thread.As soon as all these come in i will post the wrap up thread.

Thank you all ,

Keep Calm and get your Heretic On.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On June 11, 2016 at 2:18 AM, alienarea said:

I'll leave this forum after season 6. And I don't care about the future books anymore. Not because the tv show may have spoiled them, but because IMHO it turned out to be a hype. If you believe it's better than LOTR you have not been paying attention.

On June 27, 2016 at 6:05 PM, The Dragon has three heads said:

LOTR is boring

fight me.

LMAO!

LOTR movies are boring, but the books are not. I agree with @alienarea... LOTR is better if for no other reason than the fact that it is at least a complete story. GRRM does seem to get carried away with hype, and as his hype has grown, this series has not. ASOIAF has the potential to leave LOTR in the dust, I would agree, but as of yet it has not.