NaNoWriMo 2013: Who's in?

Minaku

To give me a gauge, how many words can you vomit out in 45min? What's the goal word-count of NaNoWriMo?

I think the main goal is fifty-thousand. When I did it a few years back, I got around 1,500 in maybe an hour to an hour and a half, which I think is relatively average.

Thanks NaNo committee for sending me that guilt trip email from "my novel" begging me to write it this year! Tempting. So tempting. But I am crazy busy. Anyone else thinking about NaNo?

Oh dear gods...yeah I want to try...I got the same reminder. I don't know if the time will be there. Though I have the excuse from Mrs. Jax that she wants something completed before I'm 40, since I've been going on and on about this as long as she's known me for 14 years...if she only knew how many starts and stops there have been.

I'm going to try.

You guys should do it! Um. I should do it. But excuses excuses.

I type very quickly so if I'm at a computer, a 10-minute word sprint might net me 500 words. You need to write some 1550 words a day to hit 50,000 by the end of November.

I may do it... I've done it a few times in the past. My problem with it is afterwards, going back and trying to edit what I've written... because the entire thing needs to be reworked, almost to the point of being rewritten. And then it just seems like a drag. Racing to reach 50,000 while the quality of what's being written is something close to rat shit. But it is a lot of fun, and forces you to write...

Still on the fence :)

Like I posted in the Boarders Writer Thread, I'm going to try again this year, but my goal isn't 50k. It's to finish my forever in progress re-writes/revision. I estimate I need about 15-20k new words to finish. If I can do that, I'll "win". :)

You guys should do it! Um. I should do it. But excuses excuses.

I type very quickly so if I'm at a computer, a 10-minute word sprint might net me 500 words. You need to write some 1550 words a day to hit 50,000 by the end of November.

Thanks for the guesstimate :).

I'm in, I guess. The more sensible plan would seem to be to tackle a couple of different things i've started and try to finish at least some of them, but then I have this new idea...Anyway, the point is to have fun, right? I'm Datepalm there too.

I am - username Eloisa on the site.

I always used to reckon that on a very good day I could write 1000 words an hour - this is limited by how quickly I can physically manipulate a pen (I write first drafts longhand). In practice I generally write more slowly than this, as the 1000 words per hour does not allow any thinking time and therefore relies on me knowing exactly what I'm doing, which, this time out, I definitely don't. :dunce:

I was originally planning on it, but I don't think I will. I have a pretty good routine going right now, and I'd have to change my method if I were to do it and hope to actually get 50,000 (I edit the stuff I wrote the previous day before I start writing new material, and I also tend to add a lot of little details into previous sections that come up as I'm writing, and I don't really want to stop doing either of those things since I think they're pretty noticeably improving my work).

I want to, but I've never been able to even come close before. I need lots of encouragement and I struggle with depression and bouts of high fatigue and low energy even when I'm not too busy either at work or trying to get some rest. Also I have high levels of insecurity and low self worth and am prone to despair and delay.

Archived