NaNoWriMo 2013: Who's in?

Minaku

After holiday I'm on around 19,000 (hard to tell exactly as I started using a different brand of writing paper and haven't yet got a handle on how many words per page. I should really sort that out). Biggest problem at the moment is that I have so far created little reason for the readers to care about the murdered people and, therefore, the plot.

Get better soon!

Just counted, and discovered that my new writing paper is soaking up words at the rate of around 700 per sheet instead of the 500 per sheet I use as a general calculator. This, plus around 1000 words written today, takes me to 23,850, which does not displease me at all. Now just have to cope with mild jetlag and going out on a group trip to Catching Fire tonight...

Still sick, taking tonight off because I have a day's worth of buffer. Hopefully I will catch up and surpass this weekend.

Eloisa, that's so awesome that a new sheet is 700! 2.5 of those and you're golden for the day!

Well, word count-wise, I've lost Nano. But seeing that I've written more over the last two weeks than the last 9 months, I'm calling it a personal win.

Hope to keep it up over the next few weeks and beyond.

That is how I am trying to look at it, too. No point in being negative!

I'm up to 29,000. Very happy with the month despite the lack of "win" (presumably). Still little reason to care about the corpses, but the investigator has just realised that the first corpse was misidentified, which is opening him a new line of attack, and is opening me a new line of words to mine. (He has also just been informed by his recently widowed aunt-by-marriage that she intends to come and visit him to get away from her marital home. Not sure whether this will just cause him problems or will lead to new developments in the case: she might start helping.)

Eek, barely squeaking by now. I hit par. Woo. Hopefully the next few nights I can put my nose to the grindstone long enough to make up for 2 days of not writing. Which means I think I need to do about 2000-2500 for 3 days straight in order to have this in the bag by the end of the month!

Archived