Dany: The Darth Vader of ASOIAF?

Fire Eater

All four would have very useful skills to offer her. Victarion is an able naval commander, with a fleet; Tyrion is a skilful political adviser; Marwyn can likely perform magic; Moqorro can offer her the adherence of R'hllor's followers across Essos, and would be instrumental in getting Volantis on her side.

But, they're all pretty ruthless people.

Combine this with the situation in Westeros; The Riverlands and The North wartime and starving, the faith militant on the rise, The Westerlands basically leaderless, the areas of Old town and the Citadel under attack, The Stormlanders and Crownlands in the same shape as the west.

If an army of conquerors come from Essos into Westeros, it will be dark times for everyone.

Only the Tyrells seem to be able to feed themselves and that situation may change due to Euron capturing the Arbor.

Well, my thoughts are that GRRM has been impressed with Breaking Bad (I keep taking this as an example even though the topic is linked to Star Wars, sorry, but to me BB is more likely to be GRRM's direct inspiration right now - as he has stated himself) and so his "Walter White" (or DV, I personally tend to think they are both brilliant villains with a tiny chance for redemption) will need to do more than "kill a child" or "kill a Stark" (or even "kill a Stark child" :p). If GRRM really includes a villain mastermind in his story, I am expecting someone who is extremely intelligent and powerful but who decides to put their cunning and/or power at the service of their own selfishness and unleash their inner monster.

And although she might be touched by Targ madness

as Daemon Sand said when Arianne asked him if they were sure Dany couldn't be mad: "we don't know, we can only hope" ;)

I don't think Dany has been built up enough to become that character and I definitely don't there there is time to do that in two books while she already has much to do. But it's just an opinion.

However, if we look at the last "prophecy" Moqorro told about Tyrion: "Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of it all.". This makes me think it's Tyrion who is going to go to the "dark side" and that the protagonists of this new dance of dragons are all going to be his puppets.

Exactly, and this leads to both Tyrion's, Dany's and FAegon's downfall. This in turns opens the path for Jon Snow as the PTWP.

I guess we disagree mainly on the next course of action of the Starks bannermen. I believe they'll get their Lord back and turn their backs on Stannis. I agree that Barristan won't live long, but my opinion is that his death is supposed to happen in Westeros.

I agree about Tyrion, but if she's going a darker path, I find It highly unlikely she won't hold it against him. And if she doesn't hold against him, then she probably shouldn't with any Stark.

In general, I agree with your idea, but I'm more on the fence with the specifics.

But what if the Starks battle her and Tyrion is killed and one of her dragons injured? The Northmen are honorable, and if Jon knows they will seldom break oaths before heart trees. Stannis supports their lord while none of the other contenders for the IT seem to do.

Ned --> Qui Gonn: He takes Jon (Anakin) in spite of this action being a huge danger to the rule he stands for (Robert's rule). Qui Gonn is killed by Darth Maul, and Eddard Stark is executed on Joffrey's command. I'm not saying Joffrey is Darth Maul, but he kinda belongs to the Dark Side.

Jorah Mormont and the Wall: Obi Wan and the Republic. I compare Jorah to Obi Wan Kenobi because he was Jon's master after Ned's role was over. There mustn't be an exact parallel, remember to keep that in mind and take me with a grain of salt or two. Jon is somewhat furious at some point with Jorah, as Anakin is with Kenobi. That's because he expected to be a ranger and he's a steward instead. Anakin being a padawan longer than he thinks he deserves could be a parallel. Anakinw as angry with the Jedis, because he felt they were stopping him from what he deserved (both Jon and Anakin are self-entitled and feel this way).

Jon will forsake his vows at one point and he might become some sort of villain as in, oh my gosh, you're an oathbreaking mofo! However, he's still the hero and the Chosen One no matter how evil his actions strike you to be in the beginning.

I think that this development arc for Dany is, unfortunately, quite probable but i am not sure about the Rickon part - we cannot even be sure that he ever makes it back from Skagos. I do agree, though, that ending up a child murderer is chilling enough for GRRM to pull, and i would propose another "candidate": Tommen. Still a child, inevitably at odds with Dany as a claimant of the IT, and the blood of those who murdered Rhaegar's children - in other words, a perfect target, providing a twisted "justification" for his killing.

This sounds plausible, in his lust to get at Cersci, Tyrion kills Tommen. Even if it's accidental, Tyrion would get the blame as he should.

Jorah Mormont and the Wall: Obi Wan and the Republic. I compare Jorah to Obi Wan Kenobi because he was Jon's master after Ned's role was over. There mustn't be an exact parallel, remember to keep that in mind and take me with a grain of salt or two. Jon is somewhat furious at some point with Jorah, as Anakin is with Kenobi. That's because he expected to be a ranger and he's a steward instead. Anakin being a padawan longer than he thinks he deserves could be a parallel. Anakinw as angry with the Jedis, because he felt they were stopping him from what he deserved (both Jon and Anakin are self-entitled and feel this way).

Jorah? That makes no... ;)

But what if they Starks battle her and Tyrion is killed and one of her dragons injured? The Northmen are honorable, and if Jon knows they will seldom break oaths before heart trees. Stannis supports their lord while none of the other contenders for the IT seem to do.

The Question is, why should they care about the IT at all? My opinion is that the North might kick the bucket in any form of United Westeros, and Westeros is too much in ruins to fight back. I'd be more agreeable if they injure a dragon other than they kill Tyrion. I just don't think Tyrion dying would be that much impact to Dany. Also, the Starks should have no Issue battling her at least until Aegon is alive. They barely even know her. They still have to deal with Roose, Ramsay, Stannis, the Others, Wildlings... But if she does fight them, and they manage to injure Viserion, she might kill Rickon, if he's Lord.

Tyrion is not a saint, but I can't imagine Tyrion moving to a darker path...it sounds comical. Tyrion, the evil dwarf....Rumpelstiltskin

That said I'm glad Tyrion is in Slaver's Bay, Dany and Barristan don't have the most entertaining POVs. :closedeyes:

I see nothing comical. Tyrion is a man who dreams of the rape-murder of his sister. His being a dwarf doesn't make that funny. It does however put me in an extremely worried state wondering if he will have the will to see it through.

She already had her transformation from meek, scared little girl, to full on badass conquerer. It happened in the end of AGoT when she walks into the pyre, and comes out mother of dragons.

Unfortunately no one has managed to hack her in half with a Lightsaber yet though.....

Seeing how GRRM's writing style is so vastly different from Lucas's...

I highly doubt Dany becomes the generic stereotypical evil rule the galaxy persona who was Darth Vader. Then again, that's just my opinion.

I see nothing comical. Tyrion is a man who dreams of the rape-murder of his sister. His being a dwarf doesn't make that funny. It does however put me in an extremely worried state wondering if he will have the will to see it through.

It can also connect with the Valonquar prophecy. I imagine that after Dany kills Myrcella and Tyrion kills Tommen, he rapes Cersei, and in her frightened tears and pain, she is strangled as she tries to fight off Tyrion.

Just imagine, at the end of WOW that Dany has gone full baddie and then the whole "Your breaking my heart" scene goes down. Except Padme has blue facial hair and a golden tooth.

Does Dany also get a suit of metal where she goes "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!" ?

Archived