[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

I don't think she's lying. When an actress says you have to respect the writers decision and you can't do the books 100%....that seems quite definitive. I don't think Stoneheart is important enough that everyone would be going through a super elaborate hoax to this degree...with Fairley lying and Graves lying....the simple explanation is: they are not using Stoneheart in the show.

Alex Graves wasn't necessarily lying. TV directors aren't that much involved in the direction of the show. Mostly they're just hired to shoot the episode and that's it. So why Graves is speaking about such things are beyond me, as it's not really on his table.

But that's just so dumb. Why replace a compelling and emotionally challenging situation for Brienne with her being threatened by guys she never met ?

The BWB will be basically the same, they can accuse of her of being a Lannister toady, though why they would specifically want the kingslayer's life....since in the show.. Roose Bolton did not specifcally implicate him in the RW like he did in the book...who knows? Maybe they will totally change it around. Brienne being captured and tried will still work the same but how they would work Jamie in will be more difficult.

But, Graves comments give the reason why no Stoneheart, they thought she should have stayed dead, that is an artistic decision, they didn't like her resurrection, so they're leaving it out.

But that's just so dumb. Why replace a compelling and emotionally challenging situation for Brienne with her being threatened by guys she never met ?

Why replace Tysha with Shae? Because they can!

Where is the vomiting emoticon...

Alex Graves wasn't necessarily lying. TV directors aren't that much involved in the direction of the show. Mostly they're just hired to shoot the episode and that's it. So why Graves is speaking about such things are beyond me, as it's not really on his table.

The only reason to assume he was talking out his ass when he gives the reason for no Stoneheart is because people don't want it to be true....

The only reason to assume he was talking out his ass when he gives the reason for no Stoneheart is because people don't want it to be true....

No, to be fair he said stupid things in the past.

The BWB will be basically the same, they can accuse of her of being a Lannister toady, though why they would specifically want the kingslayer's life....since in the show.. Roose Bolton did not specifcally implicate him in the RW like he did in the book...who knows? Maybe they will totally change it around. Brienne being captured and tried will still work the same but how they would work Jamie in will be more difficult.

But, Graves comments give the reason why no Stoneheart, they thought she should have stayed dead, that is an artistic decision, they didn't like her resurrection, so they're leaving it out.

So they're outright changing a large portion of the story because they think they can do a better job then Martin? :angry:

yeah he called jaime a psychopathic knight and called brienne a lesbian lol

He did? :lol: All I know is his sept scene and Hound's death comments but that seems like something he would say

The same result with a totally lame journey to it ; yup sounds like them. Neither Bri nor Jaime swore anything to the BwB, they have zero history with them. I also don't see why they would particularly want Jaime.

yeah he called jaime a psychopathic knight and called brienne a lesbian lol

Don't forget a "sociopath". This guy gets it

So they're outright changing a large portion of the story because they think they can do a better job then Martin? :angry:

They have already done this many times over. All they care about it is that the pieces end up in the same place, roughly.

Can we please try to avoid all the bashing? If you don't like the show don't watch it and don't discuss it. It will make you happier.

I was under impression this is a board for discussing things not praising them unconditionally.

But hey don't like the comments, don't read them. How about that, follow your own 'omit the stuff that annoys you' advice.

He did? :lol: All I know is his sept scene and Hound's death comments but that seems like something he would say

he's a damn clown. he also said that the hound was basically telling arya "i love you" when he was pleading her to kill him. lol i don't think so.......

They have already done this many times over. All they care about it is that the pieces end up in the same place, roughly.

I have a hard time believing cutting SH allows them to do that.

I was under impression this is a board for discussing things not praising them unconditionally.

But hey don't like the comments, don't read them. How about that, follow your own 'omit the stuff that annoys you' advice.

Trashing people personally and pretending you know their reasons for doing what they do and have all the info you need to make disgusting personal judgements of people you have never met is NOT "discussing".

As for your reaction: with a show, you turn on the TV or you don't. With a thread, on a topic I DO find interesting, I came to discuss the topic and have to wade through arrogant couch potato trash talk instead. If you think you are so damned brilliant go out and make your own show.

Arya and Sandor already threw that stuff in Brienne's face.

So maybe Blackfish took over the BWB and they've become darker and more focused on killing Freys under his leadership. Beric is gone? Or Beric is around but less human? Maybe the BWB want to use Jaime to get at Walder Frey, and Brienne's sword shows them that she has a Lannister connection? And maybe Gendry is involved, though I'm getting enthusiastic about Gendry randomly showing up at the Wall instead.

D&D don't make changes because they think they can tell a better story than Martin, but because they think certain aspects of his story won't adapt very well to the visual medium of television. Many of the people in this thread have sworn up and down that they don't hate the idea of the changes mecessarily, but the execution. Yet when they get emotional they resort to the "D&D think they are better than Martin!" outrage.

Trashing people personally and pretending you know their reasons for doing what they do and have all the info you need to make disgusting personal judgements of people you have never met is NOT "discussing".

As for your reaction: with a show, you turn on the TV or you don't. With a thread, on a topic I DO find interesting, I came to discuss the topic and have to wade through arrogant couch potato trash talk instead. If you think you are so damned brilliant go out and make your own show.

Lovely.

D&D don't make changes because they think they can tell a better story than Martin, but because they think certain aspects of his story won't adapt very well to the visual medium of television. Many of the people in this thread have sworn up and down that they don't hate the idea of the changes mecessarily, but the execution. Yet when they get emotional they resort to the "D&D think they are better than Martin!" outrage.

D+D changing something due to thinking they're better than Martin is not a change I consider justified. Time, money and audience comprehension should be the only factors in making changes imo.

And you really don't see the hypocrisy in D+D saying Uncat wouldn't work on screen, but then introducing us to Ungregor?

Archived