[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions for TV series: Season by Season

Thousand Islands

My only gripe with Vic is that he does a lot of his stuff internally. So that could be hard to translate onto TV.

He's got his Dusky Woman (or his Capuchin sidekick!) to externalise his thoughts.

If we get Vic, it won't be his boat trip. It will just be him at the Kingsmoot, perhaps raiding the reach a bit, then sent to Dany. Next we see him is possibly when Moqorro joins him, and beyond that his arrival in Meereen and the battle (season 6).

If we get Vic, it won't be his boat trip. It will just be him at the Kingsmoot, perhaps raiding the reach a bit, then sent to Dany. Next we see him is possibly when Moqorro joins him, and beyond that his arrival in Meereen and the battle (season 6).

We're bound to get at least one or two episode of him on his boat. Depends on how much of his story happens on a boat in TWOW.

A guy can dream.

In the dream world there is no such thing as not enough screen time or budget costs.

At this point, the Iron Island stuff is a complete mystery. It runs from the range of possibility of maintaining everything from the books to not having any of them at all outside of those who have already been introduced. I think we'll land somewhere in the middle with one Greyjoy uncle cut.

At this point, the Iron Island stuff is a complete mystery. It runs from the range of possibility of maintaining everything from the books to not having any of them at all outside of those who have already been introduced. I think we'll land somewhere in the middle with one Greyjoy uncle cut.

lets hope its victarion or aeron and not euron. i fucking love euron and his godliest man speech

Do Varys and the Doran need Aegon in the show? What if Varys procured the sellswords and Doran got his army together and they just had the goal of putting Trystane (or Arienne or Quentyn) on the Iron Throne to reverse Robert's rebellion? All Aegon brings to the table is a connection to the last Targaryan king, who was incredibly unpopular. Trystane could have been raised to be the perfect king, as Aegon was. Especially if we believe that book Aegon is false, his exact person isn't the key thing about his attempt at conquest.

Varys and Oberyn did share a meaningful look at the throne.

So if Trystane was the endgame, Varys has been holding Dany up as a distraction for Kings Landing as he was in the books while Doran lay low. Then when Dany ended up amounting to something, maybe Varys and Doran try to reach out to bring her into their plan? Or maybe they view her as a dangerous threat.

If Doran and Varys have been plotting for a Trystane endgame, I'm not sure where Varys takes Tyrion or how Tyrion ends up going to Mereen.

I think it is unlikely to go down that way in the show. It is just that the Dornish scheming in the books hasn't been successful yet - the Dornish could have been largely skipped in season 5 without much impact. But instead we're getting a lot of Dornish stuff, so apparently they'll do something. Combined with the lack of information about Aegon casting, and my mind wandered.

There is no proof that Doran is involved at all with the Aegon plot or Varys.

There is proof Doran is associated with the Archon of Tyrosh, whose brother was at Dany's wedding, arranged by Illyrio. We don't know what any of it means for who is working with or against who.

Thing is that with the amount of ridiculous scenes that basically added nothing that were in TV series they really can't use the 'little time, so much to tell' excuse.

You're judging them unfairly. You can't use the finished product. They make these decisions before they start filming. If they find after filming and post production that they have extra time, it's too late fix it. Granted they have made some poor choices, but "we didn't have time" is still a defense.

Yeah I forgot about that. I guess it’s perfect then. He can just talk at the Dusky woman.

Really, that sounds the opposite of perfect to me. You're in the 5th season of the show and you wan to dedicate screen time to 2 brand new characters, one of who is mute? So its basically a dude the viewer doesn't know talking at some mute chick? Sounds terrible lol.

Until a couple of days ago, I thought that adapting all of book 4 and book 5 into 10 episodes would be an insurmountable task. It's just too much material! But, it looks like they're really cutting down on A Feast For Crows. Just consider the character POVs:

Cersei

Jaime (His trip to Dorne will likely replace his trip to the Riverlands)
Brienne (Her story was accelerated this season and Lady Stoneheart may be cut.)
Sansa (Her story line was accelerated this season)

Arya

Samwell

Iron Islands

Dorne

And that's all we know about so far! The Iron Islands storyline is likely to be condensed if not cut entirely. Sam may just stay at the Wall. I wouldn't be surprised if the next season is largely an adaptation of A Dance with Dragons with only select book 4 materials making the cut.

Do Varys and the Doran need Aegon in the show? What if Varys procured the sellswords and Doran got his army together and they just had the goal of putting Trystane (or Arienne or Quentyn) on the Iron Throne to reverse Robert's rebellion? All Aegon brings to the table is a connection to the last Targaryan king, who was incredibly unpopular. Trystane could have been raised to be the perfect king, as Aegon was. Especially if we believe that book Aegon is false, his exact person isn't the key thing about his attempt at conquest.

Seems, maybe , next year that Varys will be with Tyrion when they get to Pentos and Illyrio's place , in way that's going to get into WoW stuff, since on the page Varys vanished for such a long time. Conleth Hill is a show production favorite , can't see him missing for a season, I suppose Roger Allem will be back.

Can't imagine what we find out.

Until a couple of days ago, I thought that adapting all of book 4 and book 5 into 10 episodes would be an insurmountable task. It's just too much material! But, it looks like they're really cutting down on A Feast For Crows. Just consider the character POVs:

Brienne (Her story was accelerated this season and Lady Stoneheart may be cut.)

Sansa (Her story line was accelerated this season)

Neither of those things really affects the difficulty of the task. If they're cutting Stoneheart they have to come up with something entirely different for Brienne to do. Sansa didn't have much Book 4 material to begin with; either way, they've got to keep her story moving.

Neither of those things really affects the difficulty of the task. If they're cutting Stoneheart they have to come up with something entirely different from Brienne to do. Sansa didn't have much Book 4 material to begin with; either way, they've got to keep her story moving.

Brienne and Pod could be abandoned, as Gendry was in his boat. It wouldn't be particularly satisfying, but in our head cannons we know they have a lot of wandering around to do. Or Brienne could be reduced to appearing in just one episode if the show wants to keep her around without giving her much time.

It is certainly a difficult adaptation task with a lot of characters and locations and a dilution of the core characters. And the Stark kids are still isolated and in training, Dany is stuck in Mereen, and the White Walkers are still largely offscreen, so a bunch of stuff happens, but not the stuff that actually pays off the premise of the story. I'm looking forward to it, but season 5 will be incredibly hard for them to pull off.

I think euron is almost certain as in the latest inside got book he is listed as balons brother. Vic or aeron are not listed but neither was the blackfish before he was in the show. I think there will be two brothers euron and aeron with Vic cut. Aeron I think will probably have a verry specific role in the final two books overturning the kingsmoot and crowing theon or yara. Vic and his journey to Danny may be more replaceable.

I think it's possible we just might not see much of Brienne or Podrick-until Jaime's arrival in the Riverlands. (At which point Gendry might re-appear as well as the Blackfish.)

As for Sansa-they're definitely going into TWOW territory there-I wonder if her story arc in going to intersect with any of the others at some point.

Archived