Where would you water-hammer in Westeros?

Mithras

Assuming you can use one-time supermassive hammer of waters, where would you strike?

Here is the map of Westeros.

I personally send this massive force from the bay of The Bite, sweeping the Twins (yeah baby :) and destroying everything up to and including Pyke like this. This way, The North is seperated from the Westeros forever. White Harbor becomes even more important city of the North. In the process, it may be possible that the Vale and the mountains can be seperated from the rest of the Westeros, forming a giant island.

This would also be very cool. KL, Highgarden and most of Reach and Crownlands are destroyed. Mander river becomes Mander Sea. Remaining lands in the North are merged into Riverlands and the Vale, which makes them stronger. In the South, The Reach loses most of the fertile lands and become vassals. The remaining crownlands are merged into the Stormlands.

This would also be very cool. KL, Highgarden and most of Reach and Crownlands are destroyed. Mander river becomes Mander Sea. Remaining lands in the North are merged into Riverlands and the Vale, which makes them stronger. In the South, The Reach loses most of the fertile lands and become vassals. The remaining crownlands are merged into the Stormlands.

I'm not sure why you think this much destruction is cool Lamprey, maybe you're playing too many video games. :)

if i lived in westeros i'd waterhammer right where the wall is, make things a whole lot more difficult for the others

from storyline standpoint right diagonally across westeros, seperating the Reach, Dorne, and the Stormlands trapping a large part of tyrell forces in the northern side and making Dorne far more powerful in the southern part. Would also make the other kingdoms much more powerful in the northern island

We also have some kind of Hammer of the Waters in Planet Earth. Although there is still debate on the subject, Missoula Floods are the most catastrophic flood events in Earth's History. During ice ages, giant ice dams can support a massive lake behind. And when the ice wall breaks, all that huge mass of water floods the landscape. The surface of Earth changes in a blink of an eye.

The Hammer of the Waters in ASOIAF is done by the magic of the old gods. You rise an incredible amount of seawater and unleash it to a land scape, sweeping everything across. The first HAmmer of the Waters created the Arms of Dorne, sperating Westeros and Essos forever. In the second Hammer of the Waters, the CotF tried to seperate the North completely from the South along the line I draw in the OP but failed. The result was the bogs and swamps in the Neck.

If we accept the deep black tide Mel sees as a Hammer of the Waters (which we should because Mel sees the power of the old gods in her visions in the North a lot), then we should ask this question: Does this tide is meant to destroy a city or rather seperate a land from Westeros as it was the original purpose in the first two events?

I'd hit the Water Gardens in Dorne with a mini-strike some time Doran's there, just to get that irritating bugger out of the storyline. That or sink Valyria like Atlantis. Nobody live there, anyhow.

child murderer!

To my original post: I forgot to blow off the Dragonstone.

I'd water hammer the shit out of Essos. It looks like George just doesn't care as much, it's just a plain land rectangle. Rearrange the topography and give it more wiggly interesting coastlines.

Hitting the coast of Slaver's bay would certainly dispose of that pesky Meereenese knot...

Archived