Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sperry

NFL Week 8: End of the Weeden Dynasty

454 posts in this topic

as much as i was rooting for cincy 5 minutes ago, i hate to see teams being rewarded for settling for a 50+ yarder

Wow... I was thinking that the only thing worse than Thursday Night Football is an overtime game on Thursday Night Football.

That sucks! I'll hoist one for you! :cheers:

And its 11:30pm here, can't buy alcohol after 11pm. Now I must resist the urge to go to the freezer and get the vodka . . .

And its 11:30pm here, can't buy alcohol after 11pm. Now I must resist the urge to go to the freezer and get the vodka . . .

HA! I was actually drinking whiskey and ginger ale. I had a couple of those. But now I think I'll have a quick homebrewed Belgian pale ale called Patersbier because the game is in OT. If I were you I'd get the vodka but, then again, I'm just celebrating Halloween a little bit. Too bad I have to work in the morning :(

HA! I was actually drinking whiskey and ginger ale. I had a couple of those. But now I think I'll have a quick homebrewed Belgian pale ale called Patersbier because the game is in OT. If I were you I'd get the vodka but, then again, I'm just celebrating Halloween a little bit. Too bad I have to work in the morning :(

I know, it's already past my bed-time. That's one reason I don't like TNF. The other reason is because I'm watching the Bengals play the DOLPHINS in Overtime right now.

I know, it's already past my bed-time. That's one reason I don't like TNF. The other reason is because I'm watching the Bengals play the DOLPHINS in Overtime right now.

Well, I see where you're coming from but I love the NFL - warts and all!

ETA: Holy shit...safety FTW! You don't see that every day! :stunned:

This was the worst effort by the Bengals all year. I'm disgusted right now.

This was the worst effort by the Bengals all year. I'm disgusted right now.

For being moderately high scoring and going into OT this game was so... Average. Although there must only be like 10 instances in the NFL where OT was won by a safety so there's that!

For being moderately high scoring and going into OT this game was so... Average. Although there must only be like 10 instances in the NFL where OT was won by a safety so there's that!

I think I heard the commentators say it was only the third time a safety has ever won an OT game so I think it was strangely appropriate and appropriately strange enough for a Halloween night game :D