NFL Week 8: End of the Weeden Dynasty

sperry

Redskins trying very hard to give away the game. Drops on perfect 3rd down passes and now a 10 yard punt.. Yikes.

And it takes Denver one play to score. Just terrible all around.

ETA: Fucking A

Wow, what a Lions game today. I am still in shock.

I had my shoes on and was opening the door to leave my brothers(watch Lions there every week) when Stafford hit that first pass on the final drive.

When Stafford went over the top I almost went through the wall like Kool aid man. It was amazing.

Also, I think it was proven that CJ is Megatron and Bryant is the whiny bitch Starscream, lol. What a day for mega, just amazing.

I'm excited for the rest of the season. With games against Chicago, Pittsburgh and Tampa bay after the bye, I see no reason that the Lions can't be 8-3 with a HUGE game against the Packers on Thanksgiving.

Sorry to any Cowboys fans, that loss has gotta hurt.

RGIII really hasn't been able to get any kind of passing game going against Broncos. Part of that is him just missing throws. Part of it is the cumulative effect of the 15-18 hits he's taken, almost all right as he's releasing the ball. Feel like Von Miller has a lot to do with that. The pocket has been imploding all game. Some have been just brutal like that last one by Knighton.

When Washington was up 21-7, I felt like they were finally 50/50 to win the game. Then everything snowballed. Two long Peyton Manning led touchdowns which wasn't surprising followed by the Skins not being able to get a first down which very much was. Thought we'd reach the point in the second half where it would be a total shootout and I was half right. IWhen the Redskins offense couldn't answer the scores, I knew it was over. They had their chances. It's very disappointing.

ETA: 38 unanswered. Sweet Jesus.

I love AJ Green. I think he is 1A to Megatron's 1. Dalton has (through the last few weeks) stepped up as a legitimate QB in the NFL. This is their first big test against a stingy Jets DEF. I know a lot of people aren't all that excited about today's matchup, but I think it's a great test to see if Dalton and Geno can play against good defenses. Let's face it, I think the run game will be moot in a game where you have among the best run D's going against each other. The Bengals lost to a good Brown's DEF and Green couldn't get open when matched up against Joe Haden. A few games can make a big difference, and I'm excited to see what happens.

Well...I thought the Jets would lose, but I didn't think we'd get embarrassed. Holy Hell. I guess Dalton can play against a good (hmmmm) defense. Geno can't.

There's always at least one game a year where the Jets get completely blown out and look just laughably bad*. I thought maybe that'd already gotten it out of their system after the 38-13 loss to the Titans; but I guess today's another one.

*Seriously, there's ALWAYS at least one. Example: In 2010, the second straight AFC Championship game season, they were 9-2 and visiting the 9-2 Patriots; they get demolished 45-3. The same Pats team that they would go on to beat in the divisional round of the playoffs, so they had the talent. I don't get it. Its like sometimes they just fall apart in ways that other teams in the midst of middle-of-the-road and/or actually really good seasons don't.

My buddy and I were actually talking about this. Hopefully the Jets can turn it around. They looked bad today. Like Jaguars bad.

Heh, did Rodgers just introduce himself as being 'from' Butte Community College? Does he always do that?

I agree it's bullshit. Show me the degree, discount double check!

Archived