Will Martin stack Tyrion and Danys chapter count in Winds of Winter?

Tyrion1991

I think Tyrions average chapter count per book is between 15 and 20 whilst with Dany its between 5 and 10. Now, Martin could surprise everyone and not have the two characters meet until the end of Winds of Winter or maybe not at all if Tyrion makes his own way back to Westeros. But thats extremely unlikely and I can scarce comprehend the rage that would ensue if he did. I think only Stannis declaring for Dany would be a more shocking thing. However I wonder if when they meet Martin will effectively reduce the number of total chapters these two characters have combined to save space or, because he has a lot of stuff to cover in Essos, he simply adds the average chapter count for each together. In other words, Dany/Tyrions arc would have 20-25 chapters if he simply added them together, or at a certain point he shares POVs so that we only get 15 or about what you get in a hefty character arc.

Yes and they will be all awful.

Martin will likely kill off actual decent POVs like Vic and Barristan so his golden boy Tyrion can get it on with Dany.

Yea Vic and Barristan are gonna die GRRM said he is cutting down the POVs, or Barristan might live but we wont get any POVs from him.

Martin will likely kill off actual decent POVs like Vic and Barristan so his golden boy Tyrion can get it on with Dany.

Would like Barristan to retire on a beach somewhere with a coconut and straw (hopefully). I like Vic. Really enjoyed his chapters and looked forward to the next one every time.

In fairness they are two out of four of the main POV characters so establishing their relationship (please god not in THAT way) so late in the series is going to take a fair bit of effort. I wouldn't appreciate if he just breezed through to them becoming BFB or just there.

I think Danys Essosi story would be much more enjoyable to read with Tyrion injected into it. His mature perspective and humor are well needed especially since other characters like Brown Ben or Daario are very weak in the latter regard.

Tyrion's chapters at ACoK were great. I think if he is interesting when he is in a position of power, so I'd be happy to have the usual amount of chapters with him, provided he is playing the game of thrones in Dany's court.

As for Daenerys, I just hope she has made her mind and decided to go full villain and deliver fire and blood everywhere.

Tyrion's chapters at ACoK were great. I think if he is interesting when he is in a position of power, so I'd be happy to have the usual amount of chapters with him, provided he is playing the game of thrones in Dany's court.

As for Daenerys, I just hope she has made her mind and decided to go full villain and deliver fire and blood everywhere.

I just don't see it. I can't imagine GRRM putting Tyrion in exactly the same relationship he had in ACOK with Cersei and Joffery but all put into Dany. That would just be repetitive. I really think the irony is that Tyrion will find a better place than he ever did among his own family and Dany will actually appreciate him. This could actually be the reason why he (for once) doesn't talk straight to her like he does with every other character who generally disrespects him and treats him like shit. For instance, why ruin a good relationship with Dany by telling her about Aerys?

It can't be exactly the same relationship, as Daenerys and Cersei are very different people in different situations. Although, I wish Tyrion had the same position he had in the court. What other use could Daenerys have for him, anyway? He is the only person she is about to know who is political savvy about Westeros, if she decides to head back to the 7K, and I believe she will, Tyrion is the right guy to advise her.

It can't be exactly the same relationship, as Daenerys and Cersei are very different people in different situations. Although, I wish Tyrion had the same position he had in the court. What other use could Daenerys have for him, anyway? He is the only person she is about to know who is political savvy about Westeros, if she decides to head back to the 7K, and I believe she will, Tyrion is the right guy to advise her.

Yes I think he'll be her Hand. But, I think the relationship between Tyrion and Dany will be directly contrasted to Tyrion/Cersei, Tyion/Joffery and arguably Tywin/Aerys as well. I don't think its coincidence that you've got Dany hankering for having a family and people she can trust. Then you have Tyrion who has been cast out of his family and now has no family anymore. Shes also one of the few people who won't judge him for having murdered Tywin and take his side over that; things like that would win Tyrion over I think. Also in ADWD Tyrion seems to make very positive assessments of Daenerys which definelty contrasts to what Tywin thought of Aerys and what Tyrion thought of his own siblings.

My guess is that they have 20 chapters combined. I'm thinking Daenerys has more around 12, while Tyrion has around 8, though I wouldn't doubt if those numbers fluctuated a bit. Either way, I think they will have the most chapters in WoW.

snip

I agree. Imo Tyrion was at his best in aCoK. In aCoK he did something in which he was highly capable, for something he believed in. And at the end of the book (and early ASOS) they had taken that all away from him. He didn't get the credit he deserved, while a monster like Joffrey got a nice young wife.

Combine that with the later reveals and you know what broke Tyrion and made him do his vile deeds. I believe that when he meets Dany, they'll be very compatible. Dany get's someone who's highly suitable as advisor (or even hand), a walking encyclopedia to dragons and Westerosi politics/social structure/etc.

And Tyrion get's a cause again. His life won't entirely resolve around revenge anymore (although it will still be an important motivation of course), he'll do his best to support Dany's conquest and her liberation of slaves.

Perhaps neither Jon nor Dany will have POVs in TWOW. It would make sense after their possible character-changes.

I doubt it. GRRM needs to get Dany to Westeros and to do that he needs to wrap the story in Essos. In order to do that he needs lots of Dany in TWOW. I would expect to see her with about about 10-12 chapters.

GRRM did say he was reducing the POV's but I don't see him cutting either of them. They are too central to the story to be lost. They may alternate POV once Dany gets back to Mereen and goes ape sh*t on the siege people. The interesting thing is that no King has had a POV, while Dany has. Odd how she is treated differently even though she is technically equal to a King.

Archived