Arya,why does the kindly man carry on with her training.

Ice and fire freak

I don't think GRRM will have left Nymeria alive for this long after killing Lady without the chance of Arya and Nymeria being reunited. It's a longshot but we can all hope.

I agree with this. But I don't think Nymeria is any more her 'pet' direwolf than Arya is the tomboyish little girl in GoT. They've both grown in strength, wiliness, aggression, and leadership. They are both survivors and are dangerous to cross. When (if?) Arya and Nymeria are reunited, Nymeria will bring also bring a killer pack with her. Together they will be a formidable force, perhaps one that will contribute to both the Game and the Song.

Arya uses her warging in a different way.All other wargs we have seen had pets but Arya gathered a pack for Nymeria where she is the alpha.I think that is important.From the start Arya showed a leader characteristic she always found a pack and she usually was the leader.Arya uses her warging gifts the best way possible she wargs one wolf but has hundreds in her command.

Arya uses her warging in a different way.All other wargs we have seen had pets but Arya gathered a pack for Nymeria where she is the alpha.I think that is important.From the start Arya showed a leader characteristic she always found a pack and she usually was the leader.Arya uses her warging gifts the best way possible she wargs one wolf but has hundreds in her command.

Can't say I ever fathomed this out or at least I don't remember Arya with the pack of wolves in her dreams(warging).

Does this mean when there were reports of a large pack of wolves attacking folk that it was Arya whilst warging Nymeria?

Arya wargs Nymeria while dreaming I can't say that she is aware of those dreams being real but she is warging that is for sure.She was growling while she slept she found her mother in the river she saw through that cats eyes and Nymerias characteristics are the same as Aryas.Arya probably knows because she told Hound about her mother being dead but I can't say she has total control just yet.I mean she doesn't do it at will she wargs when she sleeps and she warged that cat in a moment of desperation.

Can't say I ever fathomed this out or at least I don't remember Arya with the pack of wolves in her dreams(warging).

Does this mean when there were reports of a large pack of wolves attacking folk that it was Arya whilst warging Nymeria?

Actually, Arya's wolves are terrorizing the Riverlands for 2 years by now. Normally, Arya is just a passive observer of these hunting scenes; I remember her only once forcing Nymeria into the Trident to take care of the body of her mother. Mayhaps she was responsible for the attack against the Bloody Mummers, but only subconciously.

Edited for addition.

As far as I remember from my not too recent reread, Arya was merely tagging along warging Nymeria, sort of like Bran getting lost in Summer. So, it is really Nymeria who is gathering a pack rather than Arya.

I also think that at this point the wolves have more influence in the connection because they have reached adulthood (or nearly so) while the kids (except Jon) are still only a few years older. It was different when they were puppies.

I'd tend to say yes, she is warging Nymeria, and has been for quite a while, but because she is not around Nymeria physically, she has not realized what she's been doing, and that it is an innate ability she has.

Now that she's been able to deliberately do so with a cat in Braavos, she may realize in retrospect what warging is, and that she can develop the ability to do so at will.

It's obvious that Arya's warging Nymeria. Like Jon and Bran, she wasn't completely aware of the significance of her dreams for a while though. Bran and Jon both had their wolves close to them so they picked up on it quicker.

By the time of her chapters in Dance, she realized that those wolf dreams were actually her inhabiting her wolf's skin. After that, she figured out how to warg cats also. It'll be fun if she gets herself a little warg gang like Varamyr did.

• 2 months later...

Arya is just one of those stories I hate speculating... I just want to know.

I wouldn't mind spending another year or two predicting what happens to Jon, or Bran or Daenerys, but for some reason, I don't ever feel like digging deep into what Ary'a future will be, I just want to know.

I think this is what it means to have a favourite character because I also don't like guessing what will happen to Varys next, and he IS my favourite character.

Archived