Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMoore4

Jon being mute

29 posts in this topic

Just wondering if people think that jon could be mute when(if) he wakes up.

This is purely based on ghost being mute.

or

could it go the other way, could ghost stop being mute when jon is resurrected.

thoughts?

apologies if this has been discussed before

It wouldn't make his conversations any more interesting... :P

Interesting idea though...

Uncat lost the ability to speak (at least intelligibly)... but there was a specific reason for that, i.e. the throat injury. Iirc, there is nothing like that which would apply to Jon.

Not that I'd be averse to seeing Kit play charades with Stephen Dillane, mind you.

Where was he stabbed? Perhaps he will have lasting damages in his back muscles?

Ok what im trying to get at is the significance of ghost being mute?

Where was he stabbed? Perhaps he will have lasting damages in his back muscles?

Wasn't he actually slashed at the the throat? Not very deep though so it probably wouldn't affect his speech.

Wasn't he actually slashed at the the throat? Not very deep though so it probably wouldn't affect his speech.

No, he was stabbed in the back

He was, but you are right about the cut not being so severe it could damage his speech.

To the OP: I always thought that Ghost being mute kind of mirrored Jon´s character in a way that Jon usually speaks when asked, always thinking things through before saying them etc. or a far-fetched version: another hint to R+L=J - Ghost is silent as a grave about that one big secret. =)

He was, but you are right about the cut not being so severe it could damage his speech.

To the OP: I always thought that Ghost being mute kind of mirrored Jon´s character in a way that Jon usually speaks when asked, always thinking things through before saying them etc. or a far-fetched version: another hint to R+L=J - Ghost is silent as a grave about that one big secret. =)

Agreed. Jon seem to be the quiet boy that tries desperately to disappear, but people keep pushing him forward for high positions, even though he doesn't want it.

It wouldn't make his conversations any more interesting... :P

Interesting idea though...

At least he wouldn't make any more of his poorly received jokes.

Yes. He'll most definitely be mute. Also, he'll turn albino. And walk on all fours.

Jon may not be able to speak loudly since he was cut at he throat, but I like to think that Ghost will be able to howl and growl once Jon wargs into him.

Jon may not be able to speak loudly since he was cut at he throat, but I like to think that Ghost will be able to howl and growl once Jon wargs into him.

Maybe he'll even finally learn to dance ;)

Maybe he'll even finally learn to dance ;)

I'd love that to happen :)