Sam in Braavos

Rodrik Stone

Oh man, that was the most cathartic scene I've ever read in this series.

Don't get me wrong, the crazy Lannister character drama and Petyr Baelish Comedy Hour are great, but I didn't realize how much I missed the action of aSoS until Sam decked a dude in the face. Especially after what had been a pretty depressing and hopeless chapter.

Did anyone else feeling like this when they got to this part?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah me too. As well as giving Daeron some much deserved come uppance, it also served to highlight Sam's development. He still calls himself a craven but he's not: he's killed wights and Others, he's ranged beyond the Wall, he's travelled over seas (in a land and time where people rarely went beyond their own village), he's dealing with complex shit and what is Daeron doing? Getting shitfaced and shagging. A punch has never been so well deserved.

• 5 months later...

I personally disliked his chapters, however I loved the Braavos chapters. I very much enjoyed all of that chapter and also the chapter where he met Arya selling shellfish, unknowing it was Arya (can't remember if they were the same chapter). I also loved how Dareon got his justice in the end, thanks to Arya.

• 4 weeks later...

Well , before the Braavos chapter , i never fancied Sam's chapter. But the pace this chapter started to build and what happened between him and Dareon , plus the meeting with "Cat of the canals" or his talk with maester Aemon , were wonderfull depicted in this chapter. I think all the Braavos chapters in aFfC were...highlights! (including "Cat"'s/Arya's ones of course)

Archived