Game of Thrones Season 4 Trailer Release Date?

SnakyPringle

oberyn - what's with all the jumping? are they trying to portray him as a ninja or something? thats not how spear men fight

I think the show takes alot of liberties when it comes to fighting.

For example in the Vardis vs Bronn fight, Vardis lowered his shield and kept taking really wide swings, when he should have just held it up and advance on Bronn making short stabs while behind the shield. People in armor are not that much slower to the point where you can exploit it as a weakness.

That'd be Theon going to Moat Cailin, I'm guessing. Seems clear that they'll stick to his story up until Roose arrives in the North, at least. Makes sense to me, as far as that goes, given their priorities. I'd guess S5 will then cover most of the ground after Roose's return to the North. So AFFC/ADwD will be mostly wrapped by then.

I'm kind of hoping it isn't Theon, though. That rider's hair is not white.

It is Theon.

I just watched the 720p version then the 1080. I could recognize Alfie Allen in the 1080p version. You can definitely see things better in the 1080p.

Ah well. I can do without the white hair. The shot looks pretty cool after all.

oberyn - what's with all the jumping? are they trying to portray him as a ninja or something? thats not how spear men fight

the giant attacking the gate - looks very small, not much of a giant... anyway, so are we getting donnal noye after all?

They're changing it for the show. It won't just be a weapon's duel. There will be dancing too. If at the end of the fight, there is a draw, the best dancer wins.

As for the giant, could just be the perspective we're getting (only the door, no people - I think, I'll have to check again). But, from what I recall from ep1, the door wasn't that much taller than a man on horse.

ebevan, where did you see the 1080p trailer?

It is Theon.

I just watched the 720p version then the 1080. I could recognize Alfie Allen in the 1080p version. You can definitely see things better in the 1080p.

That looks more like Jon to me, it looks like the wall is in the background as well

That looks more like Jon to me, it looks like the wall is in the background as well

That would also work. I'm not sure if that's the wall in the background but it could be Jon going out to parley with Mance, hence the white flag. Someone on WiCnet also speculated that it could be Merrett Frey going to give the BwB their ransom, although in this case the number of bodies means the BwB must be really busy.

Oberyn was jumping about all over the place in the books. If it was just lunge, run away, lunge, run away our would be boring as hell to watch.

Exactly, plus for the adaptation's sake changes always have to be made. The fight was awesome in the books, but Oberyn's dialogue alone isn't going to make the fight awesome in the tv show. Especially for the unsullied who are still unfamiliar with Elia's story and it's characters. I hope Oberyn talks enough about Elia and what happened to her up until the duel.

In all probability it's new Daario (I think I recognize him)

In other news:

Those horsemen in the woods at 0:11? They're Stannis's men riding to save the Wall. I watched in 720p and managed to recognize the fiery heart banner

It's easier to see if you watch the 1080p version.

In all probability it's new Daario (I think I recognize him)

In other news:

Those horsemen in the woods at 0:11? They're Stannis's men riding to save the Wall. I watched in 720p and managed to recognize the fiery heart banner

Looks so awesome. However according to some posters on the other thread, the men will chant 'Melisandre Melisandre' and Stannis is gonna kill Sam for being fat - so D&D have ruined it apparently.

Archived