Where was Varys all through Dance with Dragons?

Brienne for Queen

He's been feeding Qyburn false information through his spy network, for one, which implies he can't have been too far away.

My guess would be one of the western Free Cities, Pentos being a strong candidate. From such a central position, he could have kept tabs on KL and Aegon both with ease while being at minimal risk.

He's been feeding Qyburn false information through his spy network, for one, which implies he can't have been too far away.

My guess would be one of the western Free Cities, Pentos being a strong candidate. From such a central position, he could have kept tabs on KL and Aegon both with ease while being at minimal risk.

Chilling with Ilyrio in Pentos would make sense.

Too much distance, far too much time lost before he could (re-)act to anything urgent, especially during autumn. Varys stayed in KL.

I guess he was spending his time between KL (I agree that he was feeding Qyburn's spies with false leads) and Dorne, or at least pulling some strings in Dorne.

I for one think that either Varys was the one who told Doran of Arianne's plan or Douchestar is working for him, and he was the one who spilled the beans.

Varys has a lot of motives for wanting Myrcella out of the picture:

1. It leaves Dorne without an important bargaining chip and possible puppet queen

2. It damages the already fragile Lannister-Martell alliance

3. It takes options from Dorne, pushing them towards Aegon

And we know Team Aegon is pushing hard for Dorne's support because

JonCon sent Doran a letter requesting an alliance

The other kingdoms are already too volatile (the North, the Reach, the Riverlands), in someone else's grasp (the Vale) or already falling to Aegon (the Stormlands).

But maybe Varys was also doing some shit in the Westerlands. There's the possibility that Varys has Tyrek, and GRRM said we would see more of the Westerlings, so something could happen there.

He spent basically a year watching Game of Thrones on the tiny screen in the Red Keep staff breakroom and raiding the fridge for other people's sodas. For the first couple of days he thought he was going to get caught so he was really nervous but he calmed down when he realized that no one in the Red Keep ever does any work so they have no need for 'break' room.

Doing work incognito in KL. He, also, wasn't in the beginning of ADWD.

Agreed. He was lying low, planning, communicating (with Illyrio? JonCon? the Golden Company? a spy with Dany? with the Mad Mouse or someone looking for LF and Sansa? ) and KL spying via little birds and maybe even Taena. As many of you said, he may have been intervening with Doran. But two things are sure IMO: Varys is in KL and he hasn't rested. He's in it for the long run and complicated Game so he can generally be on top of most developments and able to act quickly.

Varys feeding qyburn false info? Idk about that. What did qyburn ever get wrong? Only thing I can think of is him not being up on the intense righteousness of the high sparrow.

Varys I'm thinking was just sneaking around kl in disguises.

I don't think varys working with darkstar is a thing either. More likely he is working with doran. Darkstar wants dawn and that's the extent of his game playing I think.

Varys feeding qyburn false info? Idk about that. What did qyburn ever get wrong? Only thing I can think of is him not being up on the intense righteousness of the high sparrow.

Varys I'm thinking was just sneaking around kl in disguises.

I don't think varys working with darkstar is a thing either. More likely he is working with doran. Darkstar wants dawn and that's the extent of his game playing I think.

Yeah, sorry guys but I don't remember that either. Anyone care to put some light in the matter?

Archived