Will Jon Snow be able to warg into a dragon because of his targaryen heritage?

I remember reading somewhere that more simple minded animals are easier to warg into that intelligent ones, I am not sure how intelligent dragons are but does anyone think that Jon will be able to warg into one of them thereby proving himself to be a Targaryen to Daenerys.

If he can control a dragon then Daenerys and the rest of westeros will have to take him seriously, he might be an even better dragon rider than Daenerys

What if the dragon's brain was so fiesty and deep-channeled that it absorbed the attempted warging with room to spare and then, through osmosis, its mind flowed out into Jon's and warged him back like a psychic backdraft that was so weighty it came to encompass the warg?

Also, there was that Supernatural episode last night where Dean used a spell to talk to the dog who witnessed a crime, but a side-effect was that Dean took on dog traits like when Sam threw away a used napkin Dean instinctively fetched it out of the trash and put it back on the table in front of Sam twice as they were talking. So maybe dragon-warging would be like that, more of a push-pull thing between your mind and its.

What if the dragon's brain was so fiesty and deep-channeled that it absorbed the attempted warging with room to spare and then, through osmosis, its mind flowed out into Jon's and warged him back like a psychic backdraft that was so weighty it came to encompass the warg?

Also, there was that Supernatural episode last night where Dean used a spell to talk to the dog who witnessed a crime, but a side-effect was that Dean took on dog traits like when Sam through away a used napkin Dead instinctively fetched it out of the trash and put it back on the table in front of Sam, twice, as they were talking. So maybe dragon-warging would be like that, more of a push-pull thing between your mind and its.

A interesting concept if Jon ever gets to warg a dragon.

Precisely. God forbid if he gets a lightning shaped scar on his forehead...

:lmao: He does have a scar on his cheek, has anyone verified it's shape yet?

In all seriousness though, both Alysanne and Jaehaerys travelled frequently to the North and their dragons didn't get warged (as far as we know).

IWell, Varamyr had a difficult time trying to control the snow bear and he was an experienced skinchanger. I think if anyone wargs into a dragon it'll be Bran the greenseer.

IWell, Varamyr had a difficult time trying to control the snow bear and he was an experienced skinchanger. I think if anyone wargs into a dragon it'll be Bran the greenseer.

He's told he wont walk but he'll fly. I'm with you here.

He's told he wont walk but he'll fly. I'm with you here.

I've thought that since the first time that line was said.

Bran could skinchange into one of the dragons and allow Jon to ride it. Once he's done that the dragon will bond to Jon for life...

I've thought that since the first time that line was said.

Bran could skinchange into one of the dragons and allow Jon to ride it. Once he's done that the dragon will bond to Jon for life...

How would that work, if Bran is warging the dragon then it isn't itself. Once Bran stops warging it, it won't really recognize Jon.

I don't know all the warging rules but if your mind is being taken over your not really yourself.

Dany is the Mother of Dragons and look how long it took her to bond with Drogon.

How would that work, if Bran is warging the dragon then it isn't itself. Once Bran stops warging it, it won't really recognize Jon.

I don't know all the warging rules but if your mind is being taken over your not really yourself.

Dany is the Mother of Dragons and look how long it took her to bond with Drogon.

According to the text the host is simply pushed back, but it's still there, and according to dragon lore only one person can ride each dragon. But in the end it's just something I think is open to happen and is just as likely to not.

According to the text the host is simply pushed back, but it's still there, and according to dragon lore only one person can ride each dragon. But in the end it's just something I think is open to happen and is just as likely to not.

But it's still not itself as it isn't in control. It won't make the choice to have Jon ride it. I think part of bonding is having the dragon allow you to ride it.

Honestly, it would be cheap to have Jon ride a dragon under those circumstances. If he can bond with it on his own he doesn't deserve to ride a dragon.

I'm comfortable with the idea that one must be a Targaryen-blooded skinchanger and/or a greenseer in order to warg a dragon. Do we have any of those lying around?

I like that idea. But it shouldn't be that easy. So I'll add another requirement: two eyes.

Archived