Marvel Netflix - Daredevil, Iron Fist etc.

red snow

Can Marvel use Spider-Woman?

ETA: as an aside, I just watched ASM2 the other day. Wow. I'm usually pretty forgiving of these movies, but that sucked. Garfield and Stone were great, in fact the first half of the movie was mostly good. But Electro was just bad. The jump from Harry to GG (in suit and glider) was horrible. CGI overblown. Some good ideas got completely creamed in the process on this one. Let's hope Marvel (Disney) gets this one back.

They might be able to in a Jessica drew but not Spider-woman sense. Think Quicksilver/Pietro in the Avengers/X-men films. Her powers aren't directly spun off from Spidey and her first appearance wasn't in a spidey comic. Funnily enough the character was created soley to prevent someone else from using the name. Unfortunately the Ultimate version is a clone of Spider-man so that muddies the water somewhat but I think at worst it will be a "both studios can use her" deal. I found this discussion on the subject. Her history seems a perfect fit for the SHIELD based MCU.

Trailers on IGN http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/daredevil-teaser-trailer-exclusive-debut I was expecting it later today, but it says they put this out on the 3rd. :dunno: looks good. I didn't realise Jess from TrueBlood was in it. Also with regards to confession, priests only have to hold to the confidentiality if you're actually repenting.

The blood levels and general tone of the trailer suggest it's going to be a little darker than the other Marvel fare.

It does. And I'm not sure how I feel about that. There's not much about the trailer that makes it feel like Daredevil to me though. Granted, it's a teaser and they're not showing very much. But still, if you take the name "Marvel" and "Daredevil" off of it, there's no way you'd know what it was.

It does. And I'm not sure how I feel about that. There's not much about the trailer that makes it feel like Daredevil to me though. Granted, it's a teaser and they're not showing very much. But still, if you take the name "Marvel" and "Daredevil" off of it, there's no way you'd know what it was.

Whilst the costume isn't daredevils aye (though I believe they said this is just the first from of it) it still has the eyes covered which is pretty much his trademark. With the glasses and stick then all the Catholicism it could only be Murdock. Even though we only saw Kingpins back, he seems perfectly intimidating. They also seem to be going back to making him more human, whereas in the comics he is clearly superhuman (they say he's not, but taking away the senses he can do impossible things.) I'm hopeful.

The trailer itself is honestly nothing special, but I really like the tone it's setting. It's got a great cast (I think Charlie Cox is a great Matt Murdock) and I have a lot of faith in Steven DeKnight given his history. I think they can go to some really dark places and inject some real drama into the superheroics. I'm looking forward to it.

Whilst the costume isn't daredevils aye (though I believe they said this is just the first from of it) it still has the eyes covered which is pretty much his trademark. With the glasses and stick then all the Catholicism it could only be Murdock. Even though we only saw Kingpins back, he seems perfectly intimidating. They also seem to be going back to making him more human, whereas in the comics he is clearly superhuman (they say he's not, but taking away the senses he can do impossible things.) I'm hopeful.

His costume is a pretty darn faithful recreation of Romita's version from Man WIthout Fear.

His costume is a pretty darn faithful recreation of Romita's version from Man WIthout Fear.

True but i guess it isn't what people initially think of when they think Daredevil. It does make sense if season one is an adaptation of that comic or their own take on his first year. I did notice the costume has red lining in it though which is reminiscent of how many daredevil atrists assumed the suit was black and the red was used to provide shade. It looks like he's had plenty of outfits over the years though

The trailer itself is honestly nothing special, but I really like the tone it's setting. It's got a great cast (I think Charlie Cox is a great Matt Murdock) and I have a lot of faith in Steven DeKnight given his history. I think they can go to some really dark places and inject some real drama into the superheroics. I'm looking forward to it.

I really really liked the trailer, mostly because of the tone it was setting. Totally sold me on the show. I cannot wait.

Nice trailer. I hope these Netflix shows feel like they're actually a part of the larger Marvel universe and aren't just connected to each other.

I think we'll get references but they may be wise to avoid direct crossover with the more light-hearted aspects of Marvel. Starlord turning up to help out daredevil with a 70s soundtrack might be a bit jarring. Although Black Widow or Hawkeye could work. It's still hard to get a handle on Hawkeye given he most of his screentime has been as a mindslave.

I'm certain we'll see Daredevil pop up in Cap:Civil War though, along with the others.

If they crossover with SHIELD I'd hope it's via May or Ward as the other cast members are way too goofy.

Overall, I think the idea of the netflix guys being street-level is a good enough excuse to keep them relatively insular. It's certainly an aspect of the MCU we haven't seen even though it's a huge part of their comics wing. I guess not having spidey is part of the reason they haven't explored it yet.

• 1 month later...

Archived