What do we think happened to Loras?

Southron Khaleesi

We have heard through various third parties that Loras Tyrell, the Knight of Flowers and a likely key player in whatever the Tyrells are planning, has been gravely wounded in battle, possibly disfigured by boiling oil.

Later on, a dead person who could be Loras is encountered by the blind Arya in the House of B&W.

The first story sounds too much like a convenient way to let Loras do some mission for the family while he's said to be "healing". The notion that he's died offscreen seems like a horrible waste of a good character. So ...what do we believe has happened to sweet Loras?

Loras must have a very good reason for lying (if he is lying) because otherwise why didn't he show up at KL to be Margaery's champion when she needed him the most?

And if he was lying about getting burned and was actually fine, was he planning to remain hidden for the rest of his life so no one would find he was lying?

I think he's really injured badly enough to not be able to fight for Margaery, but I think he got injured fighting the Ironborn in the Reach

Or he found firewyrms or dragon eggs in Dragonstone :eek:

Loras must have a very good reason for lying (if he is lying) because otherwise why didn't he show up at KL to be Margaery's champion when she needed him the most?

And if he was lying about getting burned and was actually fine, was he planning to remain hidden for the rest of his life so no one would find he was lying?

I think he's really injured badly enough to not be able to fight for Margaery, but I think he got injured fighting the Ironborn in the Reach

Or he found firewyrms or dragon eggs in Dragonstone :eek:

He doesnt need to. Mace Tyrell whole army took care of that.

It's problematic.

The one possibility is that the lie is not his, and therefore there's no need for it to have long term legs. But if forced to guess, I'd say he's deformed. When GRRM paints a man as physically flawless, you'd better believe some harm is coming his way.

I have no idea about the Arya thing? Il re read rhe chapter when i get home.

I agree that hes a great character tho and is 1 of my favs. This is the character the show ruined most for me. I have no idea why they made him such a homosexual stereotype.

I think hes alive and have a feeling hes going to be involved in trial by combat before the end of the series.

Of what, of defending Margaery or the Reach? Because neither is entirely safe as of yet

Mace went to KL with most of the army that was sieging SE, and Garlan is going to defend the reach with the army he was using to take Beight waters, and maybe some Willas levys...And a cuple thousands are still in the Storm Lands under Rowans orders...Situation is under control, unlist for Loras view, who doesnt know about the GC.

It's problematic.

The one possibility is that the lie is not his, and therefore there's no need for it to have long term legs. But if forced to guess, I'd say he's deformed. When GRRM paints a man as physically flawless, you'd better believe some harm is coming his way.

There's the possibility of the lie not being his, yes. I once read a crackpot about Dragonstone being already taken in secret by a third party before Loras got there.

Mace went to KL with most of the army that was sieging SE, and Garlan is going to defend the reach with the army he was using to take Beight waters, and maybe some Willas levys...And a cuple thousands are still in the Storm Lands under Rowans orders...Situation is under control, unlist for Loras view, who doesnt know about the GC.

That's still not under control. Under control would be Margaery walking free and the Ironborn being completely defeated from the Reach. Right now the Tyrells are about to lose everything.

So Loras must have a damn good reason for not rushing to help his little sister or his homeland. :dunno:

We have heard through various third parties that Loras Tyrell, the Knight of Flowers and a likely key player in whatever the Tyrells are planning, has been gravely wounded in battle, possibly disfigured by boiling oil.

Later on, a dead person who could be Loras is encountered by the blind Arya in the House of B&W.

The first story sounds too much like a convenient way to let Loras do some mission for the family while he's said to be "healing". The notion that he's died offscreen seems like a horrible waste of a good character. So ...what do we believe has happened to sweet Loras?

Could be that Loras is smart enough to know that Cersei had some grand scheme to separate him from Marg to make Marg more vulnerable. May have sent word back that he was wounded as a ruse. At some point in the story, didn't Loras and Rennly want to marry Marg to Robert and get rid of Cersei?

I think Loras is honestly injured. He only left to free up the ships to help the Reach since Cersei was holding them at Dragonstone until it was taken. And like people said, what purpose would he have to leave his sister hanging?

Margaery is safe in Tarlys hands and apparently has alway meant to go to a regular trial not a trial by combat.

It's problematic.

you remeber the stone beast dany saw in the house of the undying?I think loras is turning slowly into that.

Margaery is safe in Tarlys hands and apparently has alway meant to go to a regular trial not a trial by combat.

nope marg is going to be tried by the faith and IMHO tarly loyalty is thinner than boltons

Could he be near Mereen looking for Dany as well?

I don't think so. The Tyrells are very careful when it comes to switch sides. They only do it when it's quite certain they have no chance to win or when they can get more than they already have.

At this point, Dany means neither. She's not a true threat until and if she's coming to Westeros (which is something the Martells didn't understand) and helping her to get the IT will make the Tyrells lose a lot of the power they have now.

No, she said she wanted Garlan as her champion but Cersei refused because he's not a kingsguard. The Tyrells are going through with that farce of a trial because they don't have too many choices.

No, she said she wanted Garlan as her champion but Cersei refused because he's not a kingsguard. The Tyrells are going through with that farce of a trial because they don't have too many choices.

If the evidence against her is so weak she isn't even being held the Tyrells probably feel they can win the trial. Plus she is safe with a Tyrell army at her back should things not go her way.

GRRM can say otherwise about how it turns out obviously though.

Archived