College football 2013 November: Ore-GONE

Kalbear

I hope FSU goes undefeated because I really don't want to see Overrated State University play for the championship.

That really would be a kick to the nether regions wouldn't it? After all the talk of FSU and Oregon and how they would match up with Alabama, tOSU would really be a disappointment.

About last night's game, being in Eastern Time Zone for games like this really blows. I fell asleep early in the fourth quarter with Stanford still blanking Oregon... woke up to find out I slept through about 10 game minutes of exciting football.

Is it bad that I enjoy the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Pac 12 fans/SEC haters?

Its not just you...

I totally wanted to come in and just post:

S-E-C!!!

S-E-C!!!

S-E-C!!!!!!!!

(As you know, as Kentucky fans... we really have nothing to be excited about other than conference pride and the fact that basketball games start counting tonight!)

Its not just you...

I totally wanted to come in and just post:

S-E-C!!!

S-E-C!!!

S-E-C!!!!!!!!

How does Stanford beating Oregon make the SEC better? Oregon still smoked the mediocre Tennessee squad they played, and that was the only SEC team they scheduled.

How does Stanford beating Oregon make the SEC better? Oregon still smoked the mediocre Tennessee squad they played, and that was the only SEC team they scheduled.

Because... science.... and stuff.

Don't question, just accept it.

Because... science.... and stuff.

Don't question, just accept it.

You're probably right, I'm overthinking it. The good news is that Baylor will jump OSU if they go undefeated. I don't think Baylor will be able to run the table, but anything to avoid an OSU national championship game is a good thing.

I think an Alabama-Ohio State national championship game would be glorious.

If you could harness the energy that would be created by all the haters negative comments, you could solve all the world's energy problems with that game alone.

You're probably right, I'm overthinking it. The good news is that Baylor will jump OSU if they go undefeated. I don't think Baylor will be able to run the table, but anything to avoid an OSU national championship game is a good thing.

I'm not certain that's true, although Baylor does still have TTU and OSU in the next two weeks; if they go unscathed for these three weeks it may give them a good boost. I think they might stay behind Stanford in the rankings overall.

I think an Alabama-Ohio State national championship game would be glorious.

If you could harness the energy that would be created by all the haters negative comments, you could solve all the world's energy problems with that game alone.

But would it be clean energy?

So, OU-Baylor last night was one of the most frustrating games I've ever seen. The OU defense got a lot of stops on the high powered Baylor offense. Baylor didn't play well. And OU still got shellacked. There was absolutely no semblance of an offensive game plan. It was chickens running around with their heads cut off.

And it doesn't make any sense. OU has recruited extremely talented players on offense. Their quarterbacks were all highly sought after. They are loaded with offensive weapons, and have a good offensive line. Yet can't come up with a coherent game plan. So frustrating.

Also, I was too depressed to watch Stanford Oregon, but that was stunning.

I'm not certain that's true, although Baylor does still have TTU and OSU in the next two weeks; if they go unscathed for these three weeks it may give them a good boost. I think they might stay behind Stanford in the rankings overall.

But would it be clean energy?

Baylor also has yet to play Texas, who is undefeated in conference play and very well might be ranked again by the time they play Baylor.

Of course that is a ridiculous notion since Texas plays in Morgantown tomorrow night where Longhorn meat will be charred over couch fires.

Of course that is a ridiculous notion since Texas plays in Morgantown tomorrow night where Longhorn meat will be charred over couch fires.

May you flip over many cars.

After watching the game last night, I don't think Baylor is going undefeated. A beat up OU defense stopped their offense several times. It was the lack of any notion of an offensive gameplan that led the game to be a blowout. With competent playcalling OU could have been up two touchdowns in the first quarter. At the very least it should have been a close game.

Who's going to beat them though?

And the SEC chant for Oregon losing sounds like a bunch of terrified fans that are now happy they don't have to face Oregon.

Stanford beat Oregon using a power running game and big, disciplined defense... I'm sorry, but considering that Alabama does that better than anyone else, I don't think the Tide should be concerned.

It was all in jest however. In the end, I'm just glad that things are starting to shake out and the selection process may be simple enough that we won't have to listen to the anguished cries of a wronged fanbase for 20 years about how they were left out of the last championship before the playoff was implemented.

ETA: A question that I have not seen addressed. Did Winston move in front of Mariotta for the Heisman last night?

Ironically I actually found myself wanting Oregon to win even though that would have put a huge damper on FSU's chances.

It wouldn't have changed anything in the end, but why did the Ducks go for two after the blocked FG? They were down by 13, getting the two doesn't change the number of possessions they needed or what they would have needed to do - get two more TDs.

Ironically I actually found myself wanting Oregon to win even though that would have put a huge damper on FSU's chances.

It wouldn't have changed anything in the end, but why did the Ducks go for two after the blocked FG? They were down by 13, getting the two doesn't change the number of possessions they needed or what they would have needed to do - get two more TDs.

By my understanding... that's just what Oregon does.

Archived