Tyrion vs Victarion is inevitable in TWOW

Team_Rob

The storyline has these two characters in a collision corse to finally meet with them both seeking Daenerys. Victarion has the Hellhorn to bind a dragon to his will, and Tyrion having some knowlegde of dragons. The interesting thing is these two characters are linked in other ways.

Victarion has taken credit for burning the Lannister fleet, although he does admit it was Euron's plan. Tyrion comments early in the series about seeing his father's fleet burn in Lannisport prior to the first Greyjoy Rebellion. With these two coming together, there is likely to be tension between them from the moment they meet. A likely cenario is that Vic will get himself a dragon by the time Daenerys returns from the Dothraki sea, and Tyrion will kill him with his poison mushroom and steal his dragon from him. A dragon to pay for a fleet. I'm sure he'll find someway to add in how a Lannister always pays his debts. I always thought how very un-Tywin like it was that he never gets any revenge on the Greyjoys for burning his fleet. Fleets are very costly, even for Lannisters and I find it strange that the Lannisters just let it go.

Poison seems a foreshadowing end for Victarion sense he always comments how Euron's gifts are poison. The Hellhorn gets him a dragon, which gets him poisoned. From there I can see Tyrion taking the Second Sons and heading east to the Vale, giving little Robert Arryn a chance to finally see the bad man fly. The only thing that gets me is I can't remember what happens to the books on dragons that Tyrion borrowed from the Library at Winterfell. I don't think he took them with him, as he left King's Landing in a bit of a hurry.

Thats a great sounding theory. Tyrion going back to the Vale on Viserion certainly has credence, Tyrion taking a dragon from someone after they have been killed is also foreshadowed since the second Tyrion chapter where he rubs the blood off of the white dragon piece. It all seems plausible to me, the mushrooms were a nice touch, I had almost forgotten about those.

Tyrion going to the Vale on a dragon? Well, there's your controversial Sansa chapter right there...

"Tyrion?"

"Lady Sansa... How pleasant to see you again. Viserion?"

*nom nom nom*

Then they destroy the Eyrie and Timmett becomes the new Warden of the East.

Hahhaha, Tasty Sansawiches?

well Tyrion and Victarion will probably meet each other early on in Winds of Winter, I think they will join forces to help bring Dany back to Westeros. She could have quite the random Queensguard by the time she gets to Westeros:

Barristan Selmy

Jorah Mormont

Victarion Greyjoy

Daario Naharis

Brown Ben Plumm

Strong Belwas

Grey Worm

The storyline has these two characters in a collision corse to finally meet with them both seeking Daenerys. Victarion has the Hellhorn to bind a dragon to his will, and Tyrion having some knowlegde of dragons. The interesting thing is these two characters are linked in other ways. Victarion has taken credit for burning the Lannister fleet, although he does admit it was Euron's plan. Tyrion comments early in the series about seeing his father's fleet burn in Lannisport prior to the first Greyjoy Rebellion. With these two coming together, there is likely to be tension between them from the moment they meet. A likely cenario is that Vic will get himself a dragon by the time Daenerys returns from the Dothraki sea, and Tyrion will kill him with his poison mushroom and steal his dragon from him. A dragon to pay for a fleet. I'm sure he'll find someway to add in how a Lannister always pays his debts. I always thought how very un-Tywin like it was that he never gets any revenge on the Greyjoys for burning his fleet. Fleets are very costly, even for Lannisters and I find it strange that the Lannisters just let it go. Poison seems a foreshadowing end for Victarion sense he always comments how Euron's gifts are poison. The Hellhorn gets him a dragon, which gets him poisoned. From there I can see Tyrion taking the Second Sons and heading east to the Vale, giving little Robert Arryn a chance to finally see the bad man fly. The only thing that gets me is I can't remember what happens to the books on dragons that Tyrion borrowed from the Library at Winterfell. I don't think he took them with him, as he left King's Landing in a bit of a hurry.

Since Tyrion is one of my favorite remaining characters, and Victarion one of my least, I love this theory. While Tyrion has 'debts to pay' in the Vale, I can't see him doing anything to sweetrobin - his weakness for cripples and broken things is likely to prevent him.

Unfortunately Tyrion and Victarion will never meet. The simple reason being Vic would kill Tyrion. Why? 1) The Iron Born give dwarves to the drowned god at birth. 2) Tyrion would mock Vic. 1) plus 2) equals dead dwarf most likely by being smashed to a pulp. Since Tyrion is GRRM's favorite character, he is not going to go out this way.

The way I expect this meeting not to happen is that Vic will end up dead before one can take place. Moqorro gives us the clue in aDWD 63 Victarion - The black priest bowed his head. "There is no need. The Lord of Light has shown me your worth, lord Captain. Every night in my fires I glimpse the glory that awaits you."

Of course Vic takes this as his kind of glory, but I expect it is more Moqorro's kind - the red god's fire provided by a dragon.

There are other possible deaths - he could always die in battle or be killed by Euron himself (who is assumed to be shadowing Vic's fleet) or one of his 6 remaining other arms (the dusky woman's two and whoever the other two sets belong to in Vic's fleet).

However it happens, it will happen. Even if Vic makes it through to Daenerys he cannot have her as she would never have him. Unlike Quentyn, Vic will not take no for an answer. A battle will ensue which he will not survive (possibly by Dragon, but more likely Ser Barristan).

well Tyrion and Victarion will probably meet each other early on in Winds of Winter, I think they will join forces to help bring Dany back to Westeros. She could have quite the random Queensguard by the time she gets to Westeros:

Barristan Selmy

Jorah Mormont

Victarion Greyjoy

Daario Naharis

Brown Ben Plumm

Strong Belwas

Grey Worm

@Maestor Tarly. A quick question if I might be permitted to ask. With these (7) invididuals that you have identified; do you really think that they will all survive the Ballte of Meeren and end up being Dany's Queensguard? Before you answer; think about where the story line is headed and not where your heart is trying to direct the preference.

The Second Sons have a vested interest in keeping Tyrion alive. IMO Victarion would look at Tyrion and laugh. He wouldn't see Tyrion as a threat at all. "What kind of men are these Seconds Suns if they let dwarves fight for them." is something I could absolutely see Victarion saying upon meeting him.

However it happens, it will happen. Even if Vic makes it through to Daenerys he cannot have her as she would never have him.

Dude, Vicatrion is exactly Dany's type. She is into muscle bound ultra-violent alpha males, Vicatrion is the Drogo of the Sea.

I don't think Victarion is really vulnerable to poisons anymore after Moqorro's treatment.... I don't really see how he could ever really kill him now.

It would take dragonfire or something to kill Victarion and I'm still not really sure (even with all the theories going round) that Tyrion is destined for controlling/riding dragons. Basically there is nothing in the books that supports the above theories at all.

While I do not think Tyrion is a Targ like quite a few do, I have never dismissed the idea of him being a Dragon Rider because of his knowledge, bravery, and also when he built Bran the saddle I always thought it was foreshadowing him doing more with that but I never thought about Sweet Robin foreshadowing when he said he wants to see Tyrion fly but I just did and I think I am convinced he will ride a Dragon atleast for a short period. Or not I suppose ha.

I don't think Victarion is really vulnerable to poisons anymore after Moqorro's treatment.... I don't really see how he could ever really kill him now.

It would take dragonfire or something to kill Victarion and I'm still not really sure (even with all the theories going round) that Tyrion is destined for controlling/riding dragons. Basically there is nothing in the books that supports the above theories at all.

Saying you disagree with Tyrion riding a dragon is 1 thing, but it is factually incorrect to say there is no foreshadowing in the books.

Dude, Vicatrion is exactly Dany's type. She is into muscle bound ultra-violent alpha males, Vicatrion is the Drogo of the Sea.

Sorry, not even close. She ended up loving Drogo because he loved her and she found he was much more than just a killing machine. She loves Daario but would never marry him because he's ultra-violent and has a sellsword's untrustworthiness.

Vic is all the bad (killing machine) but lacks Daario's beauty and style and has none of Drogo's ability to lead.

The Iron born are as savage as the Dothraki, she isn't going to marry Vic to get them either. She wants to rule Westeros, not devastate it.

Yes but Vic has no natural charisma, Danny likes her killers charismatic.

Plus there are way too many POVs converging on mereen.

Which means some will die, or will be given excuses to leave quickly.

Tyrion

Barristan

Victarion

Then adding Danny back in as well I can't see 4 four POVs needed in one area once the battle is done.

Tyrion taking down a warrior like Victarion would be great. Possibly, in a way that it saves Dany from being kidnapped. Which would help Tyrion gain Danys trust.

I agree as well on the POV's adding up. I believe in some of the other big moments (wedding,battle,Etc) there was 3 POV;s max with one eliminated quickly. I didnt count them mind you but I believe that to be right.

I think that we'll see alliance's spring up in the first chapters in Meereen. Victarion and the Shavepate as hardliners vs. Barristan and his crew who'll want to wait with render judgement over Hizdahr untill the Queen get's back. Tyrion, being the experienced politician he is, would be neutral and play his own game.

The Second Sons have a vested interest in keeping Tyrion alive. IMO Victarion would look at Tyrion and laugh. He wouldn't see Tyrion as a threat at all. "What kind of men are these Seconds Suns if they let dwarves fight for them." is something I could absolutely see Victarion saying upon meeting him.

I don't htink vic wouldn't recognise tyrion as a threat: he would think of t<yrion as the worst human being on earth besides the freys because hes a kinslayer

I think that we'll see alliance's spring up in the first chapters in Meereen. Victarion and the Shavepate as hardliners vs. Barristan and his crew who'll want to wait with render judgement over Hizdahr untill the Queen get's back. Tyrion, being the experienced politician he is, would be neutral and play his own game.

I think Vic might bend to barristan

Archived