Dany is not the Mother of Dragons

Erebos

She did not lay the eggs therefore she can't be their mother. However, an argument can be made that she "fertilized" the eggs per-se by making them viable. Like with other reptiles and amphibians the eggs are laid and are not able to hatch until a male fertilizes them. She made a blood sacrifice by burning Mirri Maz Druur which is analogous to sperm for working magic. WE don't call Stannis the mother of shadows because he took actions that led to the shade being born.

She did not lay the eggs therefore she can't be their mother. However, an argument can be made that she "fertilized" the eggs per-se by making them viable. Like with other reptiles and amphibians the eggs are laid and are not able to hatch until a male fertilizes them. She made a blood sacrifice by burning Mirri Maz Druur which is analogous to sperm for working magic. WE don't call Stannis the mother of shadows because he took actions that led to the shade being born.

Honestly.

Also, she is not the daughter of death (a concept that cannot by definition have biological offspring), she never actually married fire, she never killed lies, and she is also not really the mother of all those people who call her "Mhysa!" In fact, many of those people have never even been within 10 feet of her before, and most scientists believe that no human girl would be able to give birth to thousands of people by the age of 15 without dying, especially with the mediocre medical science in the time period represented in the novels. In fact, referring to her as 'mother' of anything is an inconsistency with the fact that she was pronounced barren at the end of book 1 and has never given birth to a living child.

Daenerys's whole story arc is so full of these inconsistencies and plot holes. I'm not sure why Martin didn't revise and edit these chapters more thoroughly. Publisher pressure?

Also, she is not the daughter of death (a concept that cannot by definition have biological offspring), she never actually married fire, she never killed lies, and she is also not really the mother of all those people who call her "Mhysa!" In fact, many of those people have never even been within 10 feet of her before, and most scientists believe that no human girl would be able to give birth to thousands of people by the age of 15 without dying.

Daenerys's whole story arc is so full of these inconsistencies and plot holes.

exactly! although some of the girls at my high school seemed to try :bang:

Well they drank from her breasts so idk she's basically their mother as far as I'm concerned. They would not be alive without her.

I wouldn't be alive without several people but I don't call them my parents. Also the breast milk point would make her the wet-nurse of dragons in westerosi culture

*sigh* what does what we call something have any relevance to a work of fiction?

If you would rather pass the time until WoW comes out by posting in R+L=J 566 or whatever it's up till now go ahead. I personally enjoy arguing moot points about titles that affect nothing. Also this thread possibly given Stannis a badass title.

My point is not meant to be hostile just don't tear down other peoples idle amusements.

Dany is the first person in well over a century to hatch dragon eggs. She nursed them. Twist the logic however you want but Dany is the mother of the dragons.

isn't' the person deviating from an established definition doing the twisting though?

I have a hard time believing that a raven's talons have the dexterity needed to type a sentence on any modern keyboard, even a Dvorak. You yourself may be a plot hole.

I fear the same might be said of a monkey, even a mad one. I'm a little upset now that I've been conversing with monkeys and birds for the past year or so.

I fear the same might be said of a monkey, even a mad one. I'm a little upset now that I've been conversing with monkeys and birds for the past year or so.

I talked to the child of a statue and how the hell does soda type?

Archived