Season 3 Bluray and DVD Details Revealed

Westeros

Exactly, Le Cygne. The acting itself showed the relationship between them and the subtle changes brought about through that scene - as NCW says, Brienne's reactions are both her own emotional adjustments and also wordlessly guide the viewing audience. But I did like the fact that the arousal difference between book and show was referred to. NCW, Gwen and Bryan did this a couple of times during their commentary, and I always think it is interesting to hear why/how they have changed some things between book and show. It's easy to forget that sometimes, production realities requires changes, and that writing for TV is very different to writing a book.

I really emjoyed the commentaries with jamie/brienne; catyln/robb; and Sam/Gilly. The actor who plays Sam seems like he would be a hoot to have have a pint with.

I really enjoyed the commentary for the hottube scene and why they chose to leave certain parts out. Also, I never quite thought of that scene as Jamie's "rebirth", as it was presented. I loved the comment: "Nice how the King in the North has a bathrobe in his tent"

GRRMs comments were very awkward. He clearly did not care for many of the changes made (although he was diplomatic about it).

One of the more awkward commentaries was Dianna Rig and Lena Heady. Rig is very proper, formal, and informative (as expected). The contrast with Heady's repeated F-Bombs was quite interesting. Did not make her look very good.

For next season, they really need to ban the word "brilliant" and discussions about stealing set props.

i don't understand why they didn't put Diana Rig in the episode 2 commentary with Jack and Natalie, they did a good job.

One of the more awkward commentaries was Dianna Rig and Lena Heady. Rig is very proper, formal, and informative (as expected). The contrast with Heady's repeated F-Bombs was quite interesting. Did not make her look very good.

I agree. I actually stopped that one because it was so awkward to listen to and was boring me to death. And, I was looking forward to it because Lena Heady's been so funny and lively in her previous commentaries. Please keep her with someone she's more comfortable with. Diana Rigg was fine, but yeah she was more formal and it just didn't mesh.

Archived