Season 3 Bluray and DVD Details Revealed

Westeros

Completely agree. I unashamedly bought the 15 disk LotR Extended Edition Blu-Ray collection even though I already owned the three theatrical versions. The amount of behind-the-scenes material is absolutely astounding. I like what GoT has done so far (the Histories and Lore being an excellent idea), but I wish we got more stuff like the making of weapons, armour, props and sets, filming on different locations, and the art/sketches/plans for everything. I really like this kind of stuff, and it always makes me appreciate the attention to detail that is put in.

Yeah, what struck me when I got the Season 2 Blu-Ray was the detail in Catelyn's costume during her parley with Renly and Stannis. I'd love to see how they make costumes like that, and I'm honestly surprised that we haven't yet seen anything from HBO regarding this.

boojam,

They skip episods.

S1 disc 4 (7-9) is only Martin's 8.

For season 2 if one episode did not have one another will have 2.

IIRC S2 disc 1 ep. 1 no commentary and 3 has 2.

It is odd though agree.

Yes , and I may be misremembering, seems some of the 'extras' that HBO shows during a season don't always make it to the DVDs either.

I think there was a nice interview with Ramin Djawadi on YouTube that would have made a nice addition to the special edition sets.

Still wondering about Blooper Reels, have there been any?

I'm in the UK any idea where I could get one of the special packaging editions from? Amazon have the standard one and the very expensive "Special Edition" for an exorbitant £70! But I would like one in between, Lannister say...

Why bring out more special features on the North as a whole? We already got the general gist from season 1 previews and I don't think Jons perspective on the North would differ from his brother or that it would provide insight into his back-story. Some of those features sound very repetitive if whats been done before.

I'd much rather have Ian Glen talk about Bear Island, the She Bears and why he got exiled first time around. I mean if they gave the Hound his own little character history bio I don't see why Jorah can't talk about one of the more interesting parts of the North.

Hope this wasn't posted before anywhere else. Got the link for winteriscoming.net. First look at the Histories and Lores. Very promising.

http://www.target.com/c/game-of-thrones-mmbv-dvm/-/N-559pj?intc=null_dvmy14c0036v000124i004668_null&force-full-site=1

That was one of the best clips of all the seasons so far. History & Lore sounds very promising this year.

Hope this wasn't posted before anywhere else. Got the link for winteriscoming.net. First look at the Histories and Lores. Very promising.

http://www.target.com/c/game-of-thrones-mmbv-dvm/-/N-559pj?intc=null_dvmy14c0036v000124i004668_null&force-full-site=1

YES!!!! I was hoping Jorah talked about this battle in the show but its so much better as a Histories and Lore video.

Got mine today - not sure if this was ever noticed or revealed before release but it turns out that the dragon shadow is actually part of a clear plastic sleeve which you can remove, leaving just the cream case with the three swords symbol. The effect is pretty cool, and makes me appreciate the cover much more than I did before. However it's a bit of a shame that the outer plastic sleeve is held together just by glue, and seems like it could easily come apart. Still, a nice unexpected suprise before I even open the case!

Archived