NFL Week 11: When you play a game of football, you win or you lose.

Jace, Extat

Yes. Once X-Ray starts drinking, bizarre shit is guaranteed in a sporting event.

And has the NFL ever featured such a brainy matchup of QBs? These guys shouldn't be on a football field, they should be fucking working on the Hadron Collider.

I completely agree. The aesthetics of that machine could be improved by Andrew's Architectural prowess. He's a modern day Ted Mosby.

Time to bring out your old friend Jack.

(We just hit the scotch -- I have no horse in this race, but watching this game is forcing me to drink on General Principles)

I've been thinking about branching out to Scotch, would you recommend?

Welcome to my world hun . . .

I've seen enough. Going to bed. Goodnight everyone.

Your world is a horrible place... let me leave!

Donald Brown, you are off my hate list.

Yes. Once X-Ray starts drinking, bizarre shit is guaranteed in a sporting event.

If I thought it would help, I would swig ghost-chile tequila straight from the ass of a garden gnome*. Sadly, I fear that this game is beyond even the help of my most depraved boozing instincts.

*this would not be the first time I drank from the posterior of a ceramic sprite. The BWB makes people do Terrible Things.

I've been thinking about branching out to Scotch, would you recommend?

For single malt, try something at a fair price point, like Bowmore. You can get a decent dram in the $30 range. Once you decide that you are into single malts, then branch out into the more classic (but pricier) malts such as Dalwhinnie, Talisker, Glenmorangie, etc. The only one I'd counsel against is Glenfiddich. The standard bottle is just not exciting, especially for the price point they'll be charging.

(Our current scotch is Glenfarclas 25-year -- bought it after we spent a weekend of debauchery with Hereward in England this summer. That's definitely a splurge buy -- not something for every day.)

Also, it looks like maybe this game is turning around... *fingers crossed*

Thanks, Xray. I'll take this into consideration.

Also, I wish Eric Walden would go the way of Aceel Tearie from 'The Comebacks'.

ETA: Oh my god, Trent Richardson. You are pathetic. The play is blocked perfectly, with a single obese man lying on his back in the hole, and you get two yards... Continuing to defy expectations.

ETA2: And now he's being tackled by the field... WHAT ARE YOU!?! I can't believe I've been reduced to cheering when Donald Brown enters the game.

And did Mike Mayock just say Griff Whalen's hands are "phenomenal"? He has more drops than catches.

Well that turned around fast. Not even the fourth quarter.

WTF, Luck? You better pray Fitzpatrick gets his shit together.

If I thought it would help, I would swig ghost-chile tequila straight from the ass of a garden gnome*. Sadly, I fear that this game is beyond even the help of my most depraved boozing instincts.

*this would not be the first time I drank from the posterior of a ceramic sprite. The BWB makes people do Terrible Things.

That might be the only thing that gets us through Houston-Jacksonville in a few weeks. Best save it.

I think it is safe to say, our QB is miles better at running the ball than our starting RB.

There's just something...wrong...with the way T-Rich is running since he hit Indy. I just went and watched some highlights of him last year in Cleveland and now he just seems...tentative compared to that. I know, different team and O-line, etc. but he just doesn't seem to have any aggressiveness or...it's hard to put the right word to it. Maybe the right word is passion? :dunno:

Is it the surprise trade? Did that just completely blow his confidence or something?

Also, it looks like maybe this game is turning around... *fingers crossed*

I pray to all that the football gods hold sacred that you are right. Let's see a good contest!

ETA: Kick-off out of bounds? Really?!

Well, that's a distinct possibility, too. Dare I say it, perhaps some sort of amphetamine may also be in order?

Fear not my friend. His last couple carries have him at 8 carries for 22 yards and perfectly back to his season average of 2.8 ypc. Call off the HGH/Amphetamines witchhunt!

And yet part of me weeps for this new world where Goddamnit Donald is 5x the running back as Trent Richardson. Shit used to make sense, y'know?

What if the Browns are even more clever than suspected, and have agreed to resign Richardson if he can manage to get himself cut in Indy? Then Richardson can find some excuse to become decent again, and the Browns have a free first round pick. That would be low, but the Browns' owner is being investigated for fraud, so who knows what he might encourage him team to stoop to?

Fear not my friend. His last couple carries have him at 8 carries for 22 yards and perfectly back to his season average of 2.8 ypc. Call off the HGH/Amphetamines witchhunt!

And yet part of me weeps for this new world where Goddamnit Donald is 5x the running back as Trent Richardson. Shit used to make sense, y'know?

I agree, it certainly doesn't make sense. Hell, even CJnoK had some success early on. If that didn't motivate T-Rich to not be shown up I don't know what would.

And I didn't express myself very well before. I wasn't so much implying that T-Rich is on uppers as I was implying that using some now might be beneficial.

What if the Browns are even more clever than suspected, and have agreed to resign Richardson if he can manage to get himself cut in Indy? Then Richardson can find some excuse to become decent again, and the Browns have a free first round pick. That would be low, but the Browns' owner is being investigated for fraud, so who knows what he might encourage him team to stoop to?

Stop trying to conceive of ways to put Trent back in Cleveland.

No backsies.

Archived