Where would live in you were in Westeros?

Ser Noob Manderly of WH

im posting this here because im not finished reading aCoK and im dont want to chance any spoilers!

anyway i was just playing with the idea of living in westeros being bored at work today lol

for me id live in either Oldtown, KL, lannisport or white harbor, im a city guy and i would be most comfy in one of the big cities, oldtown and KL being at the top of the list. id have to be noble or at least working and living in a noble household tho, being poor in those cities sounds like it would suck and be very disgusting

i also would consider sunspear because i imagine the southron dornish coast to be a nice climate

my least desired places would be north of the wall, storms end, or dragonstone, they all seem miserable and cold damp and dreay

what say u all?

Well, I'm from a city too. I would like to live in Oldtown: it's a city, it is in the Reach (I think it is the best of the Seven Kingdoms), and it's a peaceful place. Besides, there is the Citadel, which I like too (even if as a girl they wouldn't let me in). I wouldbe OK living at Lannisport too, I guess. White Harbour would be nice, if it wasn't so cold. King's Landing is too big for me, and it seems to be a dangerous place to live during wartimes.

My least desired places would be the north of the North (too cold) and the Stormlands (hate storms). I would prefer to be rich, but being poor is not so bad, as long as they don't burn your village and put the people in it to the sword in a war.

Well, I'm from a city too. I would like to live in Oldtown: it's a city, it is in the Reach (I think it is the best of the Seven Kingdoms), and it's a peaceful place. Besides, there is the Citadel, which I like too (even if as a girl they wouldn't let me in). I wouldbe OK living at Lannisport too, I guess. White Harbour would be nice, if it wasn't so cold. King's Landing is too big for me, and it seems to be a dangerous place to live during wartimes.

My least desired places would be the north of the North (too cold) and the Stormlands (hate storms). I would prefer to be rich, but being poor is not so bad, as long as they don't burn your village and put the people in it to the sword in a war.

yeah i think it would be cool to be poor like in the country side or a small town, living flea bottom tho sounds like it would be awful

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, probably Oldtown would be one of the most interesting places. In the few chapters where Martin has described Oldtown, it just strikes me as such an enchanting place.

Plus it's one of Westeros main ports so one would probably not feel as isolated from the rest of the world. I remember Pate thinking he should just hop on a boat and sail to half a world away.

It's also home to the tower of Oldtown (don't remember the name of it) but i think it's actually taller than the Wall.

• 4 weeks later...

Winterfell. It seems the most "home-like" place. The Starks also seem to be among the most "normal" of the major characters. That's what I get from Winterfell, a nice feeling or normality and warmness. (Emotional warmth, obviously :cool4: ).

For the record, this answer is based on the scenario that all those who resided there at the start and left / died were all still there, etc.

Archived