Where would live in you were in Westeros?

Ser Noob Manderly of WH

I wonder if you mean the whole asoiaf universe or strictly Westeros there. I'd like to be in one of the free cities just because they feel nice and "real-worldy" with all the dangerous people and diversity, especially the northern FCs.

In Westeros, I think Oldtown and the Arbor seem like really cool places

also, yay, first post!

Oldtown seem to have the best of it all: Warm and sunny, but not too hot; a big city, but clean and safe; a place of culture and learning, rich with trade, and ruled by a wise house.

Dorne's culture seem more interesting and free, but Sunspear's shadow town seem kind of crappy compared to Oldtown.

I wouldn't wish to live as a peasant. Westerosi peasant's lives suck almost everywhere.

Starfall - on the shores of the Summer Sea in the far west of Dorne. Home of the late Arthur 'Sword of the Morning' Dayne and his violet-eyed sister Ashara.

From the topography of the frontispiece maps I envision a sort of Niagara Falls by the sea. Seems like a place that would have a mellow California/Dornish vibe about it.

Possibly the site of Jon Snow's birth?

It would have to be either Dorne or the Iron Islands. They're the two most progressive regions in Westeros and the two that interest me most. The only difficulty would be choosing between Sunspear and Starfall if i chose Dorne. If you're considering the free cities too then it would be Bravos but aren't we all Westerosi's at heart here?

• 1 month later...

I live in northern Michigan, so the North or Beyond the Wall would suit me just fine, as we are having -20 temps right now and our winters last half the year anyway.

The Riverlands would be my second choice as I like water and it's still north-ish.

Dothraki Sea is my third choice. I've been riding horses since I was a little kid and would fit in fine in their society.

If Westeros were real, most of us would be smallfolk working the land somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms. Part of my fascination with this tale is how the North is based on the North of England and although I am third generation American my ancestors came from the countryside of the English North around Nottingham. I would think I would be living somewhere between Winterfell and Torrhen's Square and most likely working in the household of a minor lord. But if I had my pick I would be Studying to be Maester at Oldtown.

My first pick would be Oldtown because of the citadel, the mild climate for the winter, the relative cleaness, compare to other cities in westeros, and because it has an important harbor, so it would be relatively easy to travel anywhere.

I would also like White Harbor or Lannisport. If other regions are allowed, probably Bravos, although The Summer Islands seen like a nice tropical place.

Lannisport because its a sizable city that is very neat, clean and well protected by the best city watch in Westeros. Because its a Lannister city its a rich city.

Winterfell would be nice. Away from the hustle and bustle of the south, warm in the winter, nice high strong walls and kind hearted and just Lords.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear god, living in Westeros? It's a really interesting world and all, but I could pick a dozen places that I would rather live in and none of them are even half as dangerous. If I really had to choose a location there, then it would be The Arbor, so at least I could have some of the world's best wine to help combat the daily stress that comes with being Westerosi.

Archived