Unpopular opinion

Das_Boof

Robb is Planetos' Worst Brother of All Time. If it weren't for their plot armour, his actions would have gotten all of his siblings killed. And not just by default, he knew that leaving Sansa and Arya is KL to rot (instead exchanging them for Jaime) could result in them not merely abused but also killed.

And even though they are all still alive, all of them had to disappear, leaving House Stark officially extinct. And that is really Robb's fault. Not to mention his gall of forcing other people to marry someone for his political gain, while marrying Jeyne Westerling. When he talked about the lost opportunity of marrying 13 year old Sansa off to gain allies, I threw up in my mouth.

He isn't even in the top 5 worst among the somewhat important characters. Gregor, the Baratheons, Euron - all of them have been way worse.

Deaths in this series are not more realistic than in others, otherwise Tyrion, Sam, Arya and Dany would be dead a million times already.

• Tyrion survives two battles, the Eyrie, the mountains clans, the sorrows and the slavers.
  • Sam survives the Fist of the First Men, two attacks by Others and doesn’t starve or freeze to death on multiple occasions.
  • Arya survives, among others, Amory Lorch, the Mountain, the Bloody Mummers and the battle at the Inn
  • Dany survives the splintering of Drogo’s khalasar and the Red Waste, and generally should have been assassinated long ago, it is stated she disrupted the economy of a whole continent and nobody bothers to get a faceless men to kill her?

That is not as criticism of the series, but it is just not true when people claim that in ASOIAF characters die more realistically when they just die more often than it other works.

I liked Cersei's "walk of shame" also. I think she regrets nothing about what she's done, and only that she got caught. They may have done a very bad thing by only making Cersei more reserved and patient.

I also like Cersei's "Maggy The Frog" / Melara past - finally we see the gears turning inside her head, and she's worse than anyone imagined.

I thin Dany is one of the most compelling characters in the series, because she is so grey.

I like Cat a lot and was taken aback by the intense dislike some have of her, but I suppose to each it's own.

I like Job but I don't think his is the Song of Ice and Fire alone (or that he's the answer to everything), I think it's a lot more complex then that.

I think the dragon has three heads means three different people

I would actually really like it if Blue Aegon turned out to be the real deal - and I think it's equally as likely as anything else because Varys and Illyrio's scheming has nonsensical parts regardless of who he really is. Just not necessarily the same parts.

Also I think AFFC might be my favorite book.

I could do without the Others and Dragons. I am way more into human element of the story but I know its gonna come down to these two supernatural beings.

I get that its a fantasy series but like I said Im more a fan of the politicking and whatnot.

If the elopement was consensual I despise Rhaegar and Lyanna both, and I didn't like them to begin with anyway.

I don't think Cersei's walk of shame was unfair, and people who do confuse me.

I really enjoyed AFFC.

There was never a point in any of the books where I ever hated Jaime or Theon or thought they were bad people.

He's a sick, demented bastard, but I dig Ramsay as a character.

I think Jon being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna would be annoying as fuck, although I'm pretty sure this is true.

I don't think Sansa has done anything significant to help her situation and has mostly been drug along by other characters the entire series and is incredibly passive in AFFC and ASOS. And before anyone jumps on me, this isn't really any kind of an attack on her, because I don't blame her for that and I probably wouldn't have done any better, but all this talk about Sansa "learning the game" has been really...generous in my opinion. So far at least.

I don't care about Bran. I started to a little bit in ADWD but until then it was like ughhhh

Ygritte/Jon annoyed me in the show, but only because the way the actress talks irks me for some reason.

I didn't care about Robb in the books, but I really despised him in the show, especially the third season.

I actually really like the High Sparrow(inasmuch as he's playing a nice game of his own, and is at least doing some sort of the thing for the peasants.)

I like Aeron's chapters(especially the bits involving his relationship with Euron) and am excited to see where he's disappeared to.

I don't think Kit Harrington, Richard Madden, or Alfie Allen are attractive at all.

I've always hated the Oded Fehr fancasting for Oberyn.

I screamed the same as everyone else when OBeryn died, but considering the fate of The Mountain, I thought it was a fitting way to go and am not disappointed that he died.

I didn't feel any kind of sorrow towards anyone at the Wedding at the end of the third season besides for Edmure, Roslin, and Catelyn. Robb and Talisa I cackled at.

Whew. That felt good.

I think Rhaegar Targaryen is the worst character in the series and everytime he is brought up I can only roll my eyes. Similarly, Lyanna is only a little bit better in that regards.

I think Rhaegar Targaryen is the worst character in the series and everytime he is brought up I can only roll my eyes.  Similarly, Lyanna is only a little bit better in that regards.

I think is an okay character. He is the fallen hero for some who overrate him to the extent that we forget that Rhaegar failed at almost everything he ever did.

Plus he is a good foil to Robert. Even though these two at a glance look like night and day, they are so similar. Both were bad husbands and fathers. They had tragic flaws of delusion and mental illness (most likely in Rhaegar's case). Plus if they became rulers they would be pretty awful. Of course Robert was better at most things than Rhaegar.

Archived