Am I Up To Date on Jon/Edric Theories?

Deamon Blackfyre

Are we at:

Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon Targaryen, "rightful" heir to the Iron Throne,

Eddard + Ashara = Edric Snow, wielding Dawn, (possibly Lightbringer, from The War of the Dawn)

Or it could just as easily be flip flopped: Rhaegar + Lyanna = Edric Targaryan and Eddard + Ashara = Jon Snow. One has Stark features and one has Targaryen/Dayne features, so flip flop either way.

But Dawn, the only greatsword in the series that's named that isn't Valyrian steel. It glows in a different way from Valyrian steel. The prince that was promised would be fortold by a bleeding star, it was forged from a fallen star, ect.

Anyway, I've read so much on here that I've lost track of what I read vs. what I've though and what's been "proven" or "disproven". Is some sort of Jon/Edric team up in our future? Thoughts?

Are we at:

Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon Targaryen, "rightful" heir to the Iron Throne,

Eddard + Ashara = Edric Snow, wielding Dawn, (possibly Lightbringer, from The War of the Dawn)

Or it could just as easily be flip flopped: Rhaegar + Lyanna = Edric Targaryan and Eddard + Ashara = Jon Snow. One has Stark features and one has Targaryen/Dayne features, so flip flop either way.

But Dawn, the only greatsword in the series that's named that isn't Valyrian steel. It glows in a different way from Valyrian steel. The prince that was promised would be fortold by a bleeding star, it was forged from a fallen star, ect.

Anyway, I've read so much on here that I've lost track of what I read vs. what I've though and what's been "proven" or "disproven". Is some sort of Jon/Edric team up in our future? Thoughts?

Edric Dayne is several (3+) years too young to be either Ashara or Ned's (during the war). That one is entirely crackpot, though there are always people that refuse to accept basic evidence like this.

Edric is simply the son of Ashara's oldest, un-named, brother, Lord Dayne. there is no mystery or problem/issue with his parentage and his age does not fit any of the 'time of mystery' theories.

Archived